New York pre cruise covid testing (NCL) for international cruisers

Velvetwater

Hi

Likely cruising out of NYC on the Breakaway late August

Trying to find out where to get a proctored covid test pre cruise as We will be holidaying in NY pre cruise. Called NCL and they were no help as the clueless agent said I didn't need a test which is wrong of course. The diagnostics lab place they recommend doesn't deliver to the UK.

Happy to go to a centre of have a kit delivered to us here in the UK.

We are fully vaccinated and just need to test 2 days pre cruise. 

Any advice?

Thanks

Edited by Velvetwater

1 hour ago, Velvetwater said:

Hi

Likely cruising out of NYC on the Breakaway late August

Trying to find out where to get a proctored covid test pre cruise as We will be holidaying in NY pre cruise. Called NCL and they were no help as the clueless agent said I didn't need a test which is wrong of course. The diagnostics lab place they recommend doesn't deliver to the UK.

Happy to go to a centre of have a kit delivered to us here in the UK.

We are fully vaccinated and just need to test 2 days pre cruise. 

Any advice?

Thanks

There's a chain of urgent care medical centers, CityMD, with numerous locations throughout NY City and surrounding areas. They offer COVID 19 testing at all locations, including rapid tests. Since you'll be in NY pre cruise you can get tested at one of their offices that is (hopefully) located near your hotel.

https://www.citymd.com/

23 minutes ago, Velvetwater said:

Thank you

Looks pricey but may be out best bet.

Can you walk in or have to book?

I believe you can just walk in, but I suggest you call the office you want to use when you arrive in NY to verify.

As an alternative there are telehealth testing services that will do an observed test similar to what eMed and Inspire Diagnostics do, but using test kits you buy yourself. So when you get to NY you can walk into any drug store and buy over the counter rapid antigen test kits and then make a telehealth appointment with one of these services. I've seen some cruisers mention this company, OnPoint testing. https://onpoint-testing.com/product/certified-teleservice-covid-testing/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7KWB08ra-AIVkbfICh19ngeMEAAYASAAEgL3ufD_BwE .

Edited by njhorseman

Hi.  I’m an International   Traveller arriving in New York on Queen Mary to Red Hook terminal  and transferring the same day to NCL Joy leaving from Manhattan pier.  Tight time scale for testing!    NCL and Cunard not helpful.  Anyone know where we can get a walk in proctored test somewhere near either of these locations.     Many Thanks 

38 minutes ago, yorky1 said:

Hi.  I’m an International   Traveller arriving in New York on Queen Mary to Red Hook terminal  and transferring the same day to NCL Joy leaving from Manhattan pier.  Tight time scale for testing!    NCL and Cunard not helpful.  Anyone know where we can get a walk in proctored test somewhere near either of these locations.     Many Thanks 

As I recommended to the OP, use CityMD, which has many offices in New York City. There is likely an office not too far from the Manhattan Cruise Terminal, which is on 12th Ave and West 48th St.

1 hour ago, yorky1 said:

23 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

As I recommended to the OP, use CityMD, which has many offices in New York City. There is likely an office not too far from the Manhattan Cruise Terminal, which is on 12th Ave and West 48th St.

In addition to my first reply, as of today NCL still has  testing available at the pier for those needing it. The passenger will have to pay for the testing. 

Edited by njhorseman