Anyone From the NCL Sun Cruise (5/10-5/19) That Was Delayed Due to Weather...?

Yo Adrienne

We were on the NCL Sun Alaska cruise May 10-19 (9-day round trip from Seattle) that was delayed by a storm off the coast of British Columbia on May 18.  Instead of returning into Seattle at approximately 7 a.m., we didn't arrive until approximately 3 p.m...with disembarkation at 4 p.m., instead of 8 a.m.  This meant that we needed to change our return flight home from Seattle...which meant an additional night's stay in Seattle, several meals, and an additional cost for airfare. 

We had travel insurance to cover these costs...but one of the things that the insurance company requires is an official statement about the ship's return to port being delayed due to weather.  

Before we left the ship, we were given a "case number" and told that someone from NCL would reach out to us to (hopefully) get us the information we would need within 15-30 days.  Additionally, I submitted a request for this information via the NCL website.

We're now more than a month since then...and still nothing from NCL.

Just curious...anyone else who was on that particular sailing...and required similar information to process an insurance claim...have you received anything from NCL...?  If so, what did you receive, did it help you (if you were filing an insurance claim), and how did you go about obtaining it...? 

Any ideas of where else I might be able to obtain official information about this weather-related delay...?  (I already tried submitting a request to the Seattle Port Authority to see if they would have anything...but haven't heard back from them yet.)

Thanks in advance...! 🙂 

• 5 weeks later...

Having sailed a total of over 55 days, and 28 previous on NCL, I would have to say that was the worst ship I have sailed on. From the inexperienced crew. One guy was putting labels on a drink machine and he clearly didn't know english. To the toilet not working. I finally gave up and used the one by the elevator. Even the safe took three different people to fix it. So trying to get my money back for a $279.00 rebooked flight would not be surprising. Yes I also got the same card and number from desk.  Much more but rehashing it just makes me mad.

Curious if anyone was able to obtain the trip delay documentation from NCL. I was also on this cruise and need something from NCL to complete my claim. My PCC did not have anything so pointed me to request from past cruise guest services. I filed the request a few days ago, but auto reply says it could take up to 30 days for a response.