Paul Gauguin questions

chelseafc

Hello,

I'm one step away from booking the June 3rd sailing of the Paul Gauguin and I guess I just need a little reassurance. I have only ever cruised once, with RCCL over 10 years ago. My husband has never cruised and is a little wary of being "trapped on a boat". I had to cancel a January cruise booked with Celebrity, and I stumbled on this cruise recently.

From everything I've read, it sounds amazing.

I don't have a travel agent. Is it a problem to just book thru Radisson? Will they be able to answer questions about passports and other issues?

Thanks for any feedback!

It's not a problem booking through Radisson but you will pay more for your cruise. They can and should answer all of your questions but a reliable TA can do all of that for you too as well as offer you better pricing. Why not take some time to find a good TA. A web search will help you do that and then you can tell by your own gut instincts if you like who you are talking to via telephone or email. If people won't honestly answer your questions as you put it to them, then they best be avoided. Also, never let any TA talk you into anything..........you're the one paying the piper so you should be the one calling the shots. The good ones are there to help you and give advice....... never to pressure you into a sale.

Pat

Visas are no problem - they stamp your passport upon arrival at the airport in Pappeete - no fuss, no cost. Travel agents can be helpful, and the Radisson web page will recommend them by zip code. That's what we did. The PG is not a prison ship - and it is in port nearly every day, so you don't even feel confined. It's more like a luxury hotel that goes from island to island.

I did call for quotes from three travel agents, and Radisson came in the cheapest. That's why I was considering just booking with them directly. I didn't try getting agency names from the website, though.

I'm sure I won't feel trapped, but my husband hasn't cruised so I don't think he realizes how free he'll feel. I'm actually afraid that if his first cruise is this Tahiti trip he'll be completely spoiled and I'll never get him on another cruise line!

Chelsea,

A good travel agent should be able to answer your questions (or get the answers for you), and should give you at least the same price as the cruise line...

Feel free to e-mail if you have any questions...

Enrique

Everyone is so generous on this board. I really appreciate it. Thanks to those of you who helped me find a travel agent that is offering us a better price and a wealth of valuable information already.

To all of you who will let me email you about the cruise, I can't wait to have time to formulate my questions so that I'm no bombarding you with questions that have already been answered here.

Thanks again.

I found a review of the Paul Gauguin on another board, I can't figure out how to post a link but it has the word luxury and the word cruise in the url. The review is under cruise reviews. I'm heading out for a trip soon too and have been waiting for more information...

Archived