OBC v Experience Packages

Billy Butlin

HI

First time cruiser so new to all this-  reading the Newbies Guide but another OBC question ....Sorry!

I have 500 OBC and being in a Verandah Plus cabin get another 130, so 630, which I was going to use to buy the Ultimate drinks package (we both like wine and cocktails) and a visit to a specialty restaurant (we already get one as part of the cabin perks) leaves me with about 40USD spare.

However if I can use my cumulative 630 onboard credit to purchase the Essentials package at 599USD whilst  I need to contribute circa 225USD to upgrade from the package included Premium Drinks package to the Ultimate and a visit to a specialty restaurant .... for that 225USD I get 300USD Shore Credit and unlimited WIFI for one device which I think works out at about 180USD .

Given I will probably take a few Azamara excursions and WI FI will be useful this seems a bit of a no brainer  and so I'm wondering is there a catch ??

Any advice or observations would be appreciated

Thanks

42 minutes ago, Billy Butlin said:

I have 500 OBC and being in a Verandah Plus cabin get another 130, so 630,

is the $130 the "Complimentary Internet (120 minutes) or $130 towards a full voyage unlimited package" or some other offer? (will make a difference to the sums...and reduces the factored in wifi cost benefit)

12 minutes ago, Billy Butlin said:

Hi - It's the $130 towards a full voyage unlimited package.

Am I able to use it towards the Experience Package?

Thanks

No it’s just a credit towards a full voyage internet package.

• Like 1

still probably a saving to be made

I am guessing an 11 night cruise

running numbers roughly, to get your Ultimate drinks, wifi and sp rest would cost $177 on top of your OBC

the package would cost $99 + drinks upgrade...but for the extra spend you get the $300 excursions.

Another thought.

If I use my $500 OBC now to purchase the Ultimate drinks package but nearer the time or when I board I decide to purchase an Experience package can I cancel the Drinks Package and have my OBC refunded to pay for the Experience package?

Thanks

12 minutes ago, Billy Butlin said:

Another thought.

If I use my $500 OBC now to purchase the Ultimate drinks package but nearer the time or when I board I decide to purchase an Experience package can I cancel the Drinks Package and have my OBC refunded to pay for the Experience package?

Thanks

The Ultimate package can only be bought onboard.

• Like 1

Hi - an update for anybody who interested.

On the Beverage package page there was an option button to book online which brought up a web-form, and the web-form actually quoted $21.95 for the UDP .... so I rang Azamara.

Upshot was web-form is out of date, price is $23.95, an indeed you cant use OBC to purchase the Ultimate Drinks Package before you board, but I could purchase via credit card over the phone.

As my booking is in sterling then any pre purchases will also be in sterling and I was quoted a sterling price of £181.50 per person for 11 nights or £16.50 per day, a USD conversion rate of circa 1.45 ! Given the dollar has reached parity with the Euro this week I decided to buy now with the option of cancelling later, but at £16.50 a day I'm happy.

Whilst not a FOREX trader I sense the low sterling price is because they are effectively buying sterling to charge the price in my local currency, and right now going from $ to £ is much cheaper for them.

So for anyone who will be charged in sterling now may be a good time to make purchases !

Regards

• Like 2