Children on Celebrity - Policy

margsipie

Hi all,

We are trying to plan a cruise with my husband, mom, and my 12 month old son.  My son is not vaccinated (we are).  I reviewed Celebrity's website and spent 40 minutes on the phone with them today.  Even they are not 100% clear on their own policy, so I'm curious if anyone has first hand experience.  It seems that unvaccinated children can only leave the ship on Celebrity shore excursions.  What seems to be unclear is the policy for the family traveling with the child.  

If you have been on Celebrity recently with an unvaccinated child, were you able to leave the ship (leaving your child behind with another family member) and explore on your own?  Or were you also required to only go on a Celebrity shore excursion?  Thank you!

• 1 month later...

We went with our 3 & 5 yo last year on the 2nd sailing to Alaska after cruises restarted. If kids were going off ship, excursion was required through the ship. We did an excursion one day and then took them back onboard to kids club and my husband and I went back off ship without a problem. We have a cruise booked on celebrity this Christmas and it looks like restrictions have loosened a lot!