Enchanting cruise on Enchantment!

We are going on the 4 night Enchantment in April and wanted to know which night the Adventure Ocean counselors will take the kids for dinner. My girls will be in the 3-5 yo group. We want to take my son and his gf to Chops for dinner one night and would like to try to work it around AO's schedule. TIA for any information.

I am confused. If you have been on 70 cruises and missed one lobster meal, why are you upset? I would give 50 lobster meals to have the dolphin experience you had at a reasonable price. I think Discovery Cove in Fla is over $200 now. I was on a group trip to Hawaii with my DH's comapny. I signed up 15 of us for a "6" hour tour that turned into a long "10" hours. The others still tease me about it-3 years later. We were never upset, just another memory to add to many wonderful ones. Sorry your cruise was bad but the next one has to be better.

I am confused. If you have been on 70 cruises and missed one lobster meal, why are you upset? I would give 50 lobster meals to have the dolphin experience you had at a reasonable price. I think Discovery Cove in Fla is over $200 now. I was on a group trip to Hawaii with my DH's comapny. I signed up 15 of us for a "6" hour tour that turned into a long "10" hours. The others still tease me about it-3 years later. We were never upset, just another memory to add to many wonderful ones. Sorry your cruise was bad but the next one has to be better.

BTW, I don't think they serve lobster on the 4 night cruises; only 5 nights or longer.

dino76: Glad to hear that you had such a good time. We're thinking of booking a 5 night on the Enchantment. Which cabin did you have? Is there a new section on the ship? Would appreciate your response.

We did not have lobster on the Sovereign 4 day either. OP mentioned that she should have not had to miss the lobster and Baked Alaska parade when she missed her dining seating.

Sorry, grabbed the wrong quote, cruisin granny. Actually meant for Marge 106. Oops.

Being on this same cruise, I saw some people that were probably not going to be happy with anything. They just look unhappy and their expectations probably were too high. There was a lady in the photo gallery that was rheeming out the worker saying that the quality of the photos were terrible and that it was the fault of the photographer. It was very embarrasing! I wanted to tell her that we thought the photos were good and that since you didn't pay for a sitting fee, you really can't complain. You aren't forced to buy the photos. People need to lighten up and go with the flow and they will enjoy life much, much more!!!!!

It seems to me that Marge does not like RCCL. It is really weird for someone to have such hard feelings towards a cruise. I guess some of us have different experiences.

After reading these boards for a long time, I have found you can have 10 different people on the same cruise and you may very well have 10 different experiences. Some of it may be the cruisers' own attitude, some may be the specific crew members/issues they dealt with. It's hard to say as you are only getting one side of the story.

For me, I think life is too short and we wait too long between vacations to waste a minute of it. If something isn't to my liking, I try to change it but I do not let it ruin my overall time, something you see way too much of on these boards. 95% of your cruise experience is your own expectations and attitude. jmo

Just did the 5 day Enchantment in January & I have to agree with Dino. We thought the service, food, entertainment & activities were outstanding. We even thought the food in the Windjammer was the best out of all our cruises :eek: but our motto is any cruise is better than no cruise!

Wendy

Dino76, thanks for your comment about the photo shop. I'm glad to see I was not the only one who thought the photos were of poor quality. Did you happen to see the one of the bride and groom, the one in which the grooms face was all blotchy. How about all the other photos where some of the faces were blotchy. I overheard a passenger question an employee about the blotches across the pictures, only to be told that perhaps the woman's husband had too much to drink on formal night. I think everyone who has responded seems to have missed the point. If you read my previous posts, you will see that I stated that this does not mean I would never cruise on Royal again. The point of all the posts was to point out how much quality and service has decreased over the years. As to the comment about the lobster, I live in Long Island, NY and can get lobster anytime I want. Its not the fact of the lobster, or the baked alaska, etc., its the fact that it is MY OPINION that the service/quality was diminished due to it being only a 4 day cruise. I think the quality and service should remain the same whether its a 3 day cruise or a 30 day cruise. I think each and every passenger is entitled to the same, and I think it is the cruise line's responsibility to own up to problems, address them and IN THE VERY LEAST, to apologize when something is not done AS PROMISED. To the poster regarding the dining room, I was told our only option was to go to buffet and that we could not order from the dining room menu for in cabin dining unless we were in a suite. So everyone can relax, I harbor no hatred for Royal and I am entitled to my opinion that we did not get the product that was advertised and that we paid for.

When we were on the Enchantment in November, I also had problems with the photo quality. We were entitled to a free photo (part of our romance pckg) and had a really hard time finding one that was nice enough. I know they are using digital cameras now, and I don't think you get the same quality of photo that you do with film. This is one area I think Carnival is better than RC. On our Carnival cruises, I've always had a hard time picking just one or two photos to purchase since they were all so good.

I also agree that when something is not to your expectation, you have every right to ask to have that rectified. When dealing with the guest relations desk on the Enchantment, I was also unimpressed with their service and their attitude. I was hoping things had improved, but from your experience, I guess not. The only RC cruises I have been on have been 3-5 nights, so I can't compare the differences in service and quality. I can say I have always been pleased, even though everything has not always been top notch, or I would not continue cruising with them. Our January cruise on the Majesty was a prime example of things not going well: unsatisfactory shore excursion and a flooded stateroom, but we did get both of these issues rectified eventually.

I am surprised you were told going to the Windjammer was your only option. I was in a balcony stateroom, not a suite, and the lunch and dinner menus were available from room service everyday, displayed on one of the tv channels. Perhaps RC has changed that policy? Or the person you spoke with was unaware it was available. Either way, I would also have found that response unacceptable.

Once again, I am sorry your experience was not what it should have been. I hope your future travels are happier.

dino76: Glad to hear that you had such a good time. We're thinking of booking a 5 night on the Enchantment. Which cabin did you have? Is there a new section on the ship? Would appreciate your response.

We were in the new section... Room 8581. Small but nice. The night of the storm, our doors on our cabinets and closets stayed shut and did not open and close with the waves like older rooms. I can't tell you which rooms are all the new ones.... I'm not sure it really matters... some people we met enjoyed their rooms and they were not in the new section. I would definitely book Enchantment... we loved sailing on her.

Room service is available for any meal or any time. You were just misinformed. It makes perfect sense for the dining room staff not to add people so late in the meal time. Everything is set up to serve starters, then entrees and dessert... you get too far off schedule, they are already working on the late dinner.

As far as the photos go, digital is not why the pictures would be red. Digital is now far superior than film. And because digital is more accurate, it will pick up colors the human eye may not even see. Some of the photographers may not be as good as some others.

. . . As far as the photos go, digital is not why the pictures would be red. Digital is now far superior than film. And because digital is more accurate, it will pick up colors the human eye may not even see. Some of the photographers may not be as good as some others.

So you are saying that since digital pictures are more accurate, they will pick up more of our little "imperfections." Just perfect. Now I'll never be able to find a pic I like! :rolleyes:

Thanks, dino. Glad you enjoyed the Enchantment. Can't wait to go back in April. :)

Oh, and appreciate the clarification on the room service. I was really confused about that.

I agree with Steve20832..... Chops was amazing and was one of the best things we did on the cruise !! It was ther BEST meal I have ever had. Don`t pass it up ! Most people think "Why spend $20 when the food is included everywhere else? " Big mistake.... Huge .... Itv was an incredible experience and I only wish I did it for 2 nights instead of 1 !!

Having just returned today from the Enchantment, I have to add my 2 cents worth. We, as well as our table mates, thought the food was fantastic. We only had 1 bad item - the lobster bisque. The food in the Windjammer was great too. Love the addition of the Asian options. We did not feel the need to try chops.

Our weather couldn't have been more perfect, which was a bonus. Service was wonderful too. Only 2 complaints. There was trouble with the toilets on our deck 8, and the tendering to Cozumel was very long.

Dino- glad to hear you and your wife had a great cruise :). One question- is there a " better " night to eat at Chops ?

We never ate at Chops... didn't see a need to. We had great Tablemates for dinner and we really enjoyed the food. I know Chops is easier to get into Formal Night and the night we were in Cozumel, because people came back later than usual. I heard one person say the steaks were fried in butter, but other than that, never heard anybody on the ship who ate at Chops, what their experience was like. Sorry!

Also just back from Enchantment. Fried in butter? Where did you hear that? I have eaten at Chops twice, once on Jewel and now on Enchantment and I can say it is THE best $20 meal you will ever have. My new york strip certainly did not taste like it was fried in butter. My mate had the lamp chops as did several at our regular dining table and were raving about them. Service is first class. As soon as you board go there to make reservations to be sure to get the evening and time you want.

I thought the food in the Windjammer was very good. My only complaint about it was the layout. Very crowded and congested with people butting in anywhere they liked.

Dining room very good. We had second seating. The only thing I hate in the dining room are the goofy parades and dances (macarena) but that is just my opinion. I absolutely love the chilled fruit soups.

We went to Chops our first night, as that was our actual anniversary and we wanted it to be a special night. We were about the only people there. There was one other table that came in about 30 min after we did, and there were a couple of ships' officers eating at a table in the back. Talk about personalized attention! But it wasn't intrusive. We really enjoyed our experience and thought it was well worth the $20 each, plus we left a little extra.

My dh had the filet mignon and he said it was one of the best, if not the best, steak he ever had. I had the prime rib and it was excellent as well. The sides were delicious, especially the mushrooms and the asparagus. I also tried the Chops salad-very good. The crab cakes were fantastic.

One caveat--I don't recommend going the first night. It will spoil you for the rest of the cruise. ;) Other than that, I would suggest you find the thread here titled Enchantment Menus (I'd post a link, but can't figure out how to) and use the link to look at the menus posted by a recent cruiser. They are posted in order. You can look at them and see which one seems the least attractive. If you are on the 4 night, the menu with lobster will be the one that is not used. Hope this helps and have a great time.

Archived