Vision OTS -8th July 2022 - Short review and ask any questions

Hi All, 

Nice to meet you on here, we have just returned from Vison OTS 8th July sailing around Spain and France and I have posted a review on the review section of cruise critic. 

I will try and summarise the cruise in a couple of bullet points and then feel free to ask any other questions you may have 😀

itinerary 

1. Barcelona 

2. Sete France 

3. Toulon France 

4. Corsica France

5. Palma de Mallorca Spain

6. Ibiza Spain 

7. Cartagena Spain 

8. Valencia Spain

9. Barcelona 

The Cruise overall: 

- embarkation very smooth, emuster works great and had saved so much time 

- dining service and food quality in Windjammer and MDR has declined since we last sailed on RCI in October. Food portions are smaller and in the Windjammer must of the food came out cold or lukewarm. Lots of evidence of money saving in this area. 

- public areas look very good and have been maintained very well. 

-our ocean view stateroom was showing signs of wear and tear as the sink broke 3 days into the sailing 

- there was only 1 RCI production show on this sailing and we missed it due to the MDR service being slow as the ship was at full capacity. 

Feel free to ask any more questions that you may have. Apologies in advance that I have not got copies of the dailies however the RCI app we found loaded all the daily activities within 1 week of the sailing. 

Hope this helps anyone travelling on the Vison. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

Money saving, staff shortages, or supply issues?  Probably a combination.

I think your right and it maybe a combination of all of the above factors. When the crew parade happened they said the crew was at 765 which seems pretty low but I'm not sure if that's normal for vison class?

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, trepidatiously_cruising said:

Is there a sauna or steam room available

Hi, I didn't use this but the vitality at sea spa on the pool deck usually has a sauna and steam room available

I'm not sure whether this is free or has a charge associated with it but your best bet would be to check your cruise planner to see if there is any charge. I believe it should be free but I could be wrong 😀

Edited by Bennyboats28
  • Like 1

We've done Corsica and Toulon.

If you are at Ajaccio, then the ships docks right near everything. If you want to see other parts of the island then transport is needed.

For Toulon if you are docking at Villefranche, then the ferry to Toulon is about a 10 mins walk from the dock, very easy. There is a shuttle organized by the cruise line that leaves from the cruise dock but I think that costs 20E vs 2E for the ferry.