Discovery Princess: November 5 (5-Day Cabo San Lucas Getaway)

tlc1972

Howdy, all!

This will be my first Princess cruise and excited to be on a new ship. I was meant to be on Majestic late last year for a quick turnaround trip from LA, but life got in the way and so this is more or less my "do over". Fingers crossed I get on the ship this time. 

I'm sailing with my closest friend - he's an avid cruiser so will probably even find this post (Hi Friend!). We snagged separate cabins at good solo rates right off the Retreat pool area (Sun deck) and hoping this was a good choice. 

Anyone with experience on Princess opening up the balcony dividers? Our cabins are next to one another and thought it would be nice to open up the space, but wondering if that open divider will eat up too much of one of the balconies. I know some lines are totally against opening the dividers, so may be a mute point.

And how are the LGBTQ+ meets on Princess? They still do those, right? Last meet I attended (and with the same friend) was a decade ago on Queen Victoria with a similar itinerary and that was a lot of fun. 

Cheers!

PS: Is it just me or should this forum get renamed for all LGBTQ+? 

Edited by tlc1972