Mazatlan tequila tour

redsox1584

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience with the tequila tour offered by Mazatlan Tours by Johann & Sandra?  

Trying to find something to do in Mazatlan that’s not a beach..and none of the ship excursions really interest me 

If a food tour interests you for Mazatlan, we did a food tour (I think it was "taste of Pitiyal") with Flavor Teller Food Tours 2-3 years ago and it was awesome.  Went to places we never would have found on our own, and at a very reasonable price.  Guide was very knowledgeable and informative.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, KurtMo said:

If a food tour interests you for Mazatlan, we did a food tour (I think it was "taste of Pitiyal") with Flavor Teller Food Tours 2-3 years ago and it was awesome.  Went to places we never would have found on our own, and at a very reasonable price.  Guide was very knowledgeable and informative.

thanks!  I’m checking out the tours on their site now! 

I haven't done this specific tour.  Mazatlan Tours by Johann & Sandra doesn't actually operate any tours.  They are third party tour brokers have a very good reputation in the business.  They are one of the few that have offered a money back guarantee if your ship doesn't arrive in port as scheduled.

Expect any "Tequila Tour" to be an arts and crafts shopping opportunity with a stop at a demonstration distillery where small batches of tequila are produced for the tourist trade.  The major commercial distilleries are located in Jalisco State in the region around the city/town of Tequila (several hours north of Puerto Vallarta).

These tours are somewhat entertaining and occasionally you'll be able to taste/buy tequila that you will find nowhere else.

Enjoy! . . .

Edited by MSN-Travelers
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/23/2022 at 5:39 PM, KurtMo said:

after doing more research I am seriously considering the food tour from Flavor Teller. Do you recall how easy it was to get from the cruise port to the meeting spot for the tour?

1 hour ago, redsox1584 said:

after doing more research I am seriously considering the food tour from Flavor Teller. Do you recall how easy it was to get from the cruise port to the meeting spot for the tour?

I feel like it was a 10-15 minute cab ride if I am remembering correctly.  It wasn't difficult or expensive.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2022 at 10:31 AM, redsox1584 said:

On Wednesday, we ended up doing the Mercado & More tour from Flavor Teller. It was one of the best tours I’ve ever done. It was very easy to get a cab to the meeting spot as well. 

How long did it last?  What was the highlight of the tour? Trying to find something for our cruise in November. 

• Like 1

Just now, ShannonSC2 said:

How long did it last?  What was the highlight of the tour? Trying to find something for our cruise in November. 

It was about 3 hours. The whole thing was great, the guide was super friendly and informative. She provided some history about the area. There were 6 or 7 food stops. I think my favorite was the tamale, but honestly everything was delicious. We went to places that we would have never gone on our own because we don’t really speak Spanish. It was really interesting to go to where the locals go. I’m attaching a few pics. 

4BFE0621-F380-401A-BCBD-762031F7D3EF.jpeg

EA78C807-B3F8-415B-832B-5FC1DD7EA871.jpeg