Power Snorkeling in Southern Caribbean?

cheeseheads4ever

Hello Fellow Cruisers!

My DW and I are cruising on the Equinox on Jan 2, 2023 heading to Southern Caribbean to the ports of Barbados, Antigua, St Lucia and Martinique. We were wondering if anyone that has cruised these ports has did Power Snorkeling as an excursion on any of them. We did this while on HAL at Turks and Caicos and really enjoyed it.

It’s just a smaller power unit you hold onto and it takes you through the water with ease.

if anyone has did this on any of the islands I mentioned please let me know.

Thank you in advance.

• Like 1

Interesting.  I'd do it if it gets me out of the water faster.  I find snorkeling extremely uncomfortable but my husband insists on doing it every chance we get.  I see a divorce in my future.

8 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Interesting.  I'd do it if it gets me out of the water faster.  I find snorkeling extremely uncomfortable but my husband insists on doing it every chance we get.  I see a divorce in my future.

Wife and I one or the other sometimes stay on the boat..I'm thinking your husband can handle a little alone snorkel time...rum punch or something of the like is usually served to those non snorkelers who remain on board. 🙂

7 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

Wife and I one or the other sometimes stay on the boat..I'm thinking your husband can handle a little alone snorkel time...rum punch or something of the like is usually served to those non snorkelers who remain on board. 🙂

Alcohol and bouncing up and down on a boat don't mix well.  😭

We (family of two adults and one adult daughter) did such a private tour in Aruba I believe, but that doesn't look like part of your itenerary. Interesting because we (who have snorkeled from Hawaii to the Carribean to Galapagos) did not like the machines.....perhaps it was because currents and depths to coral below seemed more difficult to navigate. Also it seemed it was easier for the guide to scoot off and get too far ahead of us (seas were not the clearest either) and if we were "struggling" with the machines, it was a bit scary to lose sight of others. But maybe we just needed more practice. We survived obviously! Hope you find a provider.

• 2 weeks later...

Reposting and hoping for info!
Hello Fellow Cruisers!

My DW and I are cruising on the Equinox on Jan 2, 2023 heading to Southern Caribbean to the ports of Barbados, Antigua, St Lucia, St Kitts and Martinique. We were wondering if anyone that has cruised these ports has did Power or Scooter Snorkeling as an excursion on any of them. We did this while on HAL at Turks and Caicos and really enjoyed it.

It’s just a smaller power unit you hold onto and it takes you through the water with ease.

if anyone has did this on any of the islands I mentioned please let me know.
I wasn’t trying to be sassy in my previous post just looking for help!

Thank you in advance.