Ruined.

chromered7

We quickly escalated from standard rooms to suites over our last few years of cruising. We do love our amenities, larger spaces and such, but we've always said we could still be perfectly happy in a normal sized room with balcony.

We'll be testing that theory next year because, while our next 3 trips are all in very nice suites, our last one in 2023 will be in a normal sized Aqua class cabin on the Summit. That should tell us if that self-image of being able to scale back without really missing the extras is correct.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, go.without.you said:

The Retreat lounge is nice when you want to grab a snack and avoid the craziness of the buffet and the Retreat deck is pure heaven on a crowded sea day.

I read the Retreat sundeck can be very croweded on a warm sea day.  I'll be on Beyond (Retreat) to Caribbean in Oct/Nov and I wonder how crowded that deck will be.   I suspect I'll be up early getting deck lounge chairs for my wife and I. 

2 minutes ago, karmamule said:

our last one in 2023 will be in a normal sized Aqua class cabin on the Summit. That should tell us if that self-image of being able to scale back without really missing the extras is correct.

Our first Celebrity cruise was in Aqua and it was a fabulous vacation and the cabin was comfortable. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mfs2k said:

Our first Celebrity cruise was in Aqua and it was a fabulous vacation and the cabin was comfortable. 

Yes it's still a very nice cabin so not a true test. 😆 It's one of the deck 11 cabins on the aft of the ship with nothing above it but blue sky and should be wonderful for our Canada/New England cruise. Normally we aren't very heat-tolderant and like some shade on our balconies but for this October cruise heading north from Boston it should be ideal.

• Like 1