Sapphire Suite Differences?

stomsf

So I've been looking and looking to see the difference between the various suites on the Sapphire Princess and wanted to see if you experts can add info if I missed anything.

Vista Suites: ~545 sq ft including balcony. Aft of the ship, prone to some vibration. Emerald Deck not really affected by Club Fusion below.

Premium Suites: ~750 sq. ft including balcony, but wraparound balcony is very large as these are located on the bow of the ship. TA said that the sq footage of the actual room is about the same if not a smidge less than a Vista. Only exception appears to be B753, but from the deck plans this looks to be the same size as a Vista.

Penthouse Suites: ~555 sq ft including balcony. Midship location makes them desirable, hence the higher price between the three lower suite cabins.

Owners Suite: Not sure of sq footage, but larger than VS/PS/PH. Includes room for a dining table and double desk (from pictures I've seen). Only one available.

Grand Suite: 1320 sq. ft. Huge. Nice. Only one.

So the price differential adds up as follows:

Vista -- lowest, prone to some vibration in the back.

Premium -- a little more $ but much larger balcony. Some motion issues from being on the bow.

Penthouse -- Another jump in $ and not substantially bigger than the Vistas. Desirable location however.

Owners -- Another $ jump but this time with a increase in sq. footage.

Grand -- If you can get it and afford it, a great way to travel and have lots of parties!

Anything to add? Thanks! :D

We were upgraded to a premium suite on the Diamond Princess (identical to the Sapphire). We loved having the suite, and the balcony was huge. But there were a few drawbacks.

The balcony at the very front was pretty windy when sailing, the lights on the balcony didn't work, and you need to keep the bedroom drapes closed at night. We were told that the balcony lights and the bedroom drapes are because the light interferes with the bridge.

We were upgraded to a premium suite on the Diamond Princess (identical to the Sapphire). We loved having the suite, and the balcony was huge. But there were a few drawbacks.

The balcony at the very front was pretty windy when sailing, the lights on the balcony didn't work, and you need to keep the bedroom drapes closed at night. We were told that the balcony lights and the bedroom drapes are because the light interferes with the bridge.

I agree wth jff50. We were also upgraded on the Sapphire to B104. Also the wrap around deck can only be used while you are in port. The room steward locks that part of the balcony where it first wraps around while you are at sea. You do have a table and 2 chairs. We did enjoy the room but in my opinion if I was given a upgrade to those front suites I would turn them down.

Marilyn

Marilyn

We had a Vista Suite on the Diamond and found it to be very nice. Have sailed in the PH Suites on the Grand and the Star, and really like those also. They are the same as the Sapphire/Diamond also. What I really like about them is they are located on the Caribe deck. The location is so very convenient, and the balcony is half covered half open and is nice and big.

We had no noise from Club Fusion in our Vista on the Emerald deck, so that wouldn't be a problem if you were concerned about that. There is a beam that is a bit off center of the balcony on the Vista deck, but it didn't cause us a problem.

Have seen the PS Suites at the front of the ship, but not stayed in one. We toured the Sapphire when it was in Seattle before it's first voyage to Alaska 2 years ago. That was a fun lunch. But I will agree with the above poster, I would not book one of these cabins nor would I accept an upgrade to one of them. Didn't like the layout of the cabin at all.

We are sailing in the Grand Suite on the Sapphire for our April cruise and can't wait for that cabin.

Archived