From port of Haifa to Jerusalem hotel

Markanddonna

4 hours ago, Markanddonna said:

Nov 15, Tuesday

Great - a middle of the week workday, no holidays in sight - a best case scenario.

In this case it is really hard to do better than the train. When it runs, it is by far the fastest, most comfortable, almost the cheapest and I think the least fuss overall. The Haifa Center station is adjacent to the cruise terminal entrance. There are no direct trains from Haifa to Jerusalem yet (and won't be by November for sure), so you'll need to change at one of the Tel Aviv stations - Tel Aviv University station is probably the easiest - change in the same platform. The Jerusalem rail way station is at the city's main transportation hub and you should be able to reach your hotel from there with the light rail service (if relatively centrally located).

Both the Haifa - Tel Aviv and the Tel Aviv - Jerusalem trains run at least twice hourly. The fare is ILS 27 per person.

Do check closer to the date for railway construction work, although I think it is less likely in this period. If the train does not run for some reason, there is a direct bus service from Haifa to Jerusalem, though somewhat less convenient with luggage but still not too bad.

Enjoy!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, nursinadream said:

@IgKhThanks for your good info re transfers.  We're going TO Haifa port from Tel Aviv Embassy Hotel (near the beach).  Is the train suitable for this journey?  Travelling Sunday Sept 4

Thanks Deb

Yes, should be fine. Trains on the coastal main line (Tel Aviv - Haifa) currently operate Sunday to Thursday. I don't see any scheduled engineering works for that date, but double check a few days before at https://www.rail.co.il/en/pages/updates.aspx

If that works for you, I'd try to take a train after 10:00 or so. Sunday morning is the busiest time of the week, with students, soldiers, etc traveling up north after the weekend.

Happy to hear that the Embassy Hotel is taking guests again.

Enjoy your trip!

Edited by IgKh
More details

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2022 at 6:22 AM, IgKh said:

If that works for you, I'd try to take a train after 10:00 or so. Sunday morning is the busiest time of the week, with students, soldiers, etc traveling up north after the weekend.

Happy to hear that the Embassy Hotel is taking guests again.

@IgKhI found the stations and routes I need for travel on Sun, Sept 4.  Can we purchase tickets day of travel?  The online purchases require an app - which I could use.