Tip to do it all?

rubytue

We have one of those really long port times (8am-11pm). Apparently, this is driving my brain crazy after so many cruises with 6-8 hour stops 😂

in a perfect world, we would rent a car/golf cart and drive to see some things (primary goal: flamingos). And then we’d somehow get to Klein Bonaire for a drift snorkel.  I was looking at the water taxis, woodwind, and seacow.  Seacow has an evening snorkel that sounds like it would hit Klein Bonaire during daylight hours, then sunset, the a night snorkel (H would like that, I’d probably pass). But they haven’t gotten back to be. 

I’m driving myself crazy trying to figure out how to do this. Maybe a morning snorkel and afternoon/evening car tour? But, wildlife like morning best, so I would think that getting the car early and getting out to the salt flats early would be best. But, I’m stumped finding times for snorkel boats. 

Any tips?

12 minutes ago, CGinMTL said:

Woodwind snorkeling is a must in Bonaire. 

I would book snorkeling 1st.

And work the rest of the day around that 

I’m still waiting for a reply from that as to the time or times they go out. Do you have any idea? Multiple trips per day? Only one 10-2? Etc?

2 minutes ago, rubytue said:

I’m still waiting for a reply from that as to the time or times they go out. Do you have any idea? Multiple trips per day? Only one 10-2? Etc?

I did them twice, pre covid. I would do them again without hesitation. Would not even look at anybody else. Glad to hear the are still around 

If Woodwind is not available, You could reserve a car or golf cart ( I'd do a car so you could see more of the island), before picking that up, take earliest water taxi to Klein Bonaire, do the snorkel, get water taxi back, then pick up car/golf cart to go to explore the island .   Just about anywhere you snorkel in Bonaire will be a drift snorkel, but the coral at Klein Bonaire is awesome. When we stayed on the Island, we saw flamingos near the salt flats, but also on the northern end of the island near the oil storage tanks.   If you are driving on your own, you could also make a stop and the Kadushy distillery, where they make a liquor from cactus on the island. 

We also did a night snorkel with Brenda from H20 Visions Bonaire in January 2020 when we did a land vacation here.  She does Island tours too

https://www.h2ovisionsbonaire.com/  

Edited by topspot
clarification
  • Like 1