Governors beach or Pillory beach

katykrol

We are on a Holland America ship stopping in October. It’s been several years since we were here and are interested in trying a new beach. Has anyone been there recently that could comment on these 2 options and let me know if there are chair rentals available? Thank you 

On 8/4/2022 at 1:13 PM, katykrol said:

We are on a Holland America ship stopping in October. It’s been several years since we were here and are interested in trying a new beach. Has anyone been there recently that could comment on these 2 options and let me know if there are chair rentals available? Thank you 

We have been to both in the past. Pillory Beach is located at the  Bohio Dive Resort. You can rent chairs there and have food. We found the food to be very expensive and when we went, the food we ordered wasn't that good. The beach is very pretty and has soft sand. I have a blog with our experience there located HERE. It has tons of pictures so you can see the place. 

Governors beach was so beautiful and it ended up being one of our favorites. However, unless something has changed since we were there (and it might have and hopefully someone will chime in if so), there were no chair rental or food there. There was bathrooms and a place to wash off the sand on your body. It used to be a very popular place and the stores that were there still stand. There's plenty of shade and there were picnic tables. There was a neat old ship that has been sitting there for years after a storm I believe. It made for some neat pictures. But since there weren't any food places, it felt very remote and that was just awesome! It's very close to the cruise port as well. HERE are my pictures and blog for it. 

Pillory (Bohio) may still limit number of day guests, based on staying guest and availability.

Governors is a great place for sea glass but as mitsugirly says, nothing there.  In the north part of Cockburntown, at the end of West Beach Road, is John's Ocean view.  Better food than most GT places.  Less expensive. Loungers and Umbrellas.  Tends ot get missed as it's a bit off the beaten path.  But look it up on Trip Advisor or FB.