NCL Air Experience (so far!)

LunarAquaQueen

Hey all, I realize that many have been curious as to the current state of the NCL Air program given current challenges in the travel industry. Right now, we are hanging out at our local airport waiting to head to ATL, and we leave today from Orlando at 6pm (must be on board by 4pm). We were all just cheerily informed by Delta that the early flight we are on is overbooked ….by five people. They are currently offering $800 a person to bump to another flight, but we think they may start bumping people whether they like it or not. We are vastly interested in whether booking with NCL will have helped secure our timely passage at the moment. So we will let you know how that goes from here to Atlanta to Orlando and to sail away! By the way if Anyone got any questions for Getaway, let me know; we’d be happy to check! And yep as of writing they are starting to call people to try to bump 😕

Alls well! Our ATL to MCO had standbys, over a dozen! We never had to worry though. An NCL rep greeted us warmly at baggage claim (ok I greeted her but she reciprocated!) and we are jauntily barreling down the highway to Port Canaveral in a charter bus, part of our NCL Air package. We bought priority boarding and are in a club balcony mini suite, so I’ll see how long it takes to walk onboard from exiting the bus, but, so far, all has been seamless and simple. Wish us and the rest cruising on the Getaway a happy and safe sail away 🙂

Cagney’s reserved tonight!

• Like 4

My son and DIL are using NCL air to fly from Charleston, SC.  They are on Delta, and are scheduled to stop over in Atlanta, before going over to Charleston.  Flight arrives (hopefully!) at 8:30am the day of our cruise.  I assume by the time they get their bags and get through customs, it will be closer to 9:30.  Does anyone know if they will be allowed onboard after NCL bus drops them off at the pier?  

6 minutes ago, bbqbears said:

My son and DIL are using NCL air to fly from Charleston, SC.  They are on Delta, and are scheduled to stop over in Atlanta, before going over to Charleston.  Flight arrives (hopefully!) at 8:30am the day of our cruise.  I assume by the time they get their bags and get through customs, it will be closer to 9:30.  Does anyone know if they will be allowed onboard after NCL bus drops them off at the pier?  

I think boarding is around noon.

mjkacmom- So they arrive at the pier hours before they can board.  Is their luggage checked at that point? Hoping they can simply drop their luggage off so that they will be free to see a bit of Barcelona, unencumbered by heavy bags.   =

Has anyone done this program for Alaska to Seattle trip?

I am looking ahead to 2023 and wanted to know how the experience is with Alaskan cruises, I've never been up that neck of the woods, but I'd love to explore it

10 hours ago, bbqbears said:

mjkacmom- So they arrive at the pier hours before they can board.  Is their luggage checked at that point? Hoping they can simply drop their luggage off so that they will be free to see a bit of Barcelona, unencumbered by heavy bags.   =

10 hours ago, bbqbears said:

We usually cruise from NYC, drop our bags with porters, before Covid would wait OB a long security line, then check in line, get our boarding number, and wait a couple of hours to be called. The earlier you check in, the earlier you board. I don’t know the Covid testing situation in Barcelona but assume it’s added time.