Blue Bay beach Curacao?

shay1

Has anyone gone to Blue Bay beach on Curacao? If so, how did you get there? I have been watching so many YouTube videos on beaches on Curacao and how expensive the taxies are. But I did see that you can take the bus in town to some of the beaches, but I have not found yet that you can to Blue Bay. We love to snorkel so trying to find a good beach that does not require us to rent a car to get there.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi! We went to Blue Bay Beach in Oct '22 while in Curacao aboard the Celebrity Equinox. We also went in Feb '18. The below relates to the most recent visit.

The taxi cost was $40 each way for the 2 of us, but the price varies depending on number of travelers. Another person we were talking to at the beach paid $60 (each way) for a party of 4. So the cost per person/couple went down, but the total cost goes up. It's not as simple as paying $40 and loading up the car (or van). Some of the larger vans that hold 8+ may be $80+ each way.

We hailed the cab close to the cruise port. I had heard it may be a bit cheaper to get one closer to town but I can't confirm or deny that.

Since cabs don't frequent Blue Bay Beach often, you'll either want to establish a time to have your cab driver return to bring you back to the port (or town). Or get there phone number to call them to come and pick you up. We established a pick up time and the cab company (different driver) arrived exactly on time! 

Most cabs will give you the option to dropped off at the Cruise Terminal or closer to town by the floating bridge. 

Not specific to your post, but some more info that may be useful...

It's $12/person at the beach to enter. Beach chairs are included. There are shower and changing facilities at no additional cost. Food/drinks are extra.

For snorkeling... I would recommend getting there early. As more people arrive the water closer to the shore gets a bit cloudy from the activity of the swimmers. But once you get out a bit farther (say 20-30 meters) it's clear all day and is some of the best snorkeling.

• 5 months later...

I was at blue bay end of March 2023.  It was me and my DH and we took a cab for $40.00 from the terminal.  We asked the driver to come back at a certain time and he was there and it was $40.00 back to the pedestrian bridge so we could shop.  I tipped him $10.00.  It was $12.00 per person for access to a chair and beach and we went under one of those huts to get out of the sun.  The snorkeling was great, fish were abundant and so was the coral.  The dive shop was right behind us and plenty were going out for shore dives as it drops pretty fast.  Clean, great snorkeling, bathrooms, full bar/restaurant (but we did not partake).  A little pricey but highly recommended and IMO worth every penny.  A ship excursion would be more and then I am on their time and not mine.  I was impressed with Blue Bay and my snorkeling site on Bonaire so much that as soon as we got home we booked another cruise  next year to the ABC islands.

• Like 1