Mobile Passport Control, Miami Cruise port / terminals are not an option

Rewind

Has anyone else tried to use the CBP MPC app for entering the Miami cruise port?  This is supposed to submit your entire parties passports so you can breeze straight through customs.  I really want to use this....  but after you select the "Cruise Ship" button and add your travelers, the option for the port of entry is "Miami International Airport".  If you do try that one (thinking it was just mislabeled) you then need to select your terminal between 3, B, D, E, and J which are the terminals at the airport and not cruise port.

I submitted a help request and got back a "we will forward this to our IT department".

I used Mobile Passport at Miami Cruise port a couple times a few years ago and at the time it did allow you to choose which cruise terminal you were arriving in.

Interestingly, when I got into the terminal there was no separate line for Mobile Passport users. The first time I asked the Immigration agent about it when I got to the front of the line and he said they didn't have it. Yet, when he scanned my passport, all the information I had inputted on MP was there for him to see. So there wasn't any additional questioning.

The second time there was once again no separate line for Mobile Passport users but this time (last year) they were using facial scanning for all U.S. citizens. You line up at the various stations, it takes your photo (and I guess compares to their database) and the green light comes on and you go. No discussion at all with anyone from Immigration. Foreign passport holders still needed to get in line.

• Like 1