Spain Arrivals from Schengen Airports

canderson

This question concerns itineraries where originating in a non-Schengen country, flying into a Schengen country (e.g., Germany) and clearing customs there, and last, taking a 'domestic' flight to Spain.

Having already set foot on the 'post-immigration' part of the airport in the first Schengen country, and transferred to a domestic terminal there, has anyone been asked for a non-EU/Schengen SPTH QR code when arriving on a 'domestic' flight at the Spanish destination airport?

Strictly interpreted, Spain does not require SPTH QR when arriving from a Schengen country.  No mention on their site of where else you've been and for how long.

If anyone HAS been screened for a valid QR under these circumstances, how and where is this managed?  Our eventual destination is Barcelona.

This post seems to confirm that clearing customs elsewhere obviate need for SPTH.  Germany presently requires no similar proof, so it APPEARS that a Frankfurt stop deals with this. 

Edited by canderson

I am Australian and flew from Sydney to Rome before doing a cruise and then flew to Spain after the cruise. It was June when I flew from Rome to Madrid. When we arrived in Madrid we were greeted by a gentleman who asked where we had flown in from. As soon as we said Rome he waved us through and did not want to see our SPTH QR codes which we had or our vaccination certificates. 

On 8/10/2022 at 9:34 PM, PurpleTraveller said:

I am Australian and flew from Sydney to Rome before doing a cruise and then flew to Spain after the cruise. It was June when I flew from Rome to Madrid. When we arrived in Madrid we were greeted by a gentleman who asked where we had flown in from. As soon as we said Rome he waved us through and did not want to see our SPTH QR codes which we had or our vaccination certificates. 

Greeted at the gate, or where?  If at the gate, surprised he asked, given that the whole flight was from Rome 😄

4 hours ago, canderson said:

Greeted at the gate, or where?  If at the gate, surprised he asked, given that the whole flight was from Rome 😄

It was after we had left the gate and in a large area where everyone from arriving flights had to go through. There were a number of people checking arriving passengers and a number of people in full PPE waiting at the side for I assume anyone that needed to be tested.

Edited by PurpleTraveller

16 minutes ago, PurpleTraveller said:

It was after we had left the gate and in a large area where everyone from arriving flights had to go through. There were a number of people checking arriving passengers and a number of people in full PPE waiting at the side for I assume anyone that needed to be tested.

Interesting account.  How long ago was this?

Will be curious to see how they're handling it in Barcelona.

19 minutes ago, canderson said:

Interesting account.  How long ago was this?

Will be curious to see how they're handling it in Barcelona.

It was on June 13, 2022. Barcelona may be different and it may be different in Madrid now as things are constantly changing with regard to Covid.

Just now, PurpleTraveller said:

It was on June 13, 2022. Barcelona may be different and it may be different in Madrid now as things are constantly changing with regard to Covid.

Could be, but you've supplied a good data point.  Thanks.

• Thanks 1