Massages on the beach - questions

D4

I've read about the massages on the beach and recommendations to bring your own towel. But I'm wondering ... if it's on the beach, do they wash their hands between customers? To me that would be as gross as laying on a used towel.

I've booked David and Ivan's ruins tour and if there's extra time, I might get a massage.

My recommendation is to get the massage right away, so you may be the first customer of the day. I think I was. I brought my own towel, which they laid out, but you still have to put your head face down in the hole in the massage table; if they covered that with your towel, you would be breathing towel the whole time. Anyway, the "face hole" area's towels smelled fresh and clean to me. I did the massage first thing so I wouldn't be all sweaty myself (if I were the masseuse, I would prefer a clean client!)...and so I wouldn't have had too many beers to enjoy it! Given that we had what was billed as a large outbreak of gastrointestinal illness on our ship, I would imagine that the masseuse would be more worried about what he might catch from me! Anyway, the massage was fantastic, and I'm still healthy four days later.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived