Pre-cruise hotel?

turtlemichael

On 8/18/2022 at 8:07 PM, turtlemichael said:

I'm wondering about the timing of Silversea announcing pre-cruise hotel(s) ? In particular, I'm thinking of the Simply Hotel in Sydney prior to the World Cruise in January 2023.

There is no rhyme or reason as to when they assign hotels.  I was looking at cruise options in Australia and NZ aboard the Nova for 2025 and they already have hotels assigned in Sydney and Auckland, yet they haven't assigned pre or post hotels for our cruise next spring. For the 2024 Grand Africa/Arabia that ends in Athens on March 29, they haven't assigned any pre or post cruise hotels, yet the pre cruise hotel has already been assigned for the Athens/Athens voyage that follows the Grand Voyage.  They can't say its because they haven't negotiated contracts yet, unless their hotel contracts are on a night by night basis.

I'm a few weeks from sailing, and on my Activities tab it shows both pre & post cruise hotels.  But I don't need hotels.   Do they put this on anyway, or do I need to contact SS & get a credit?  I got a small credit for doing my own transport (not a lot of flights from Long Island to Manhattan 😄  ). 

1 hour ago, gwesq said:

I'm a few weeks from sailing, and on my Activities tab it shows both pre & post cruise hotels.  But I don't need hotels.   Do they put this on anyway, or do I need to contact SS & get a credit?  I got a small credit for doing my own transport (not a lot of flights from Long Island to Manhattan 😄  ). 

Like everything in the activities tab (hotels, excursions, spa, dining), they show what is offered during your voyage and you are only charged for what you select.  Hotel is only charged if you actually book a hotel thru your TA or Silversea Rep. and you will see the charge on your invoice.