Safety rail for toilet

I was wondering if anyone has brought with them a safety rail for the toilet on the cruise for their bathroom or does the cruise line provide one? My daughter has a safety rail attached to her toilet at home and we were looking at purchasing one for travel but didn't know if that is something that we would be able to bring on board. Thank you all for your thoughts. 

Here are some handy grab bars. I know you asked about a safety rail, but this could be a stand-in for you, maybe.  They are very strongly attached to a smooth wall with suction and very light, too.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B078JJ54RC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

617Zejimd2L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

• Like 1

15 hours ago, GoHuskies! said:

Here are some handy grab bars. I know you asked about a safety rail, but this could be a stand-in for you, maybe.  They are very strongly attached to a smooth wall with suction and very light, too.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B078JJ54RC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

617Zejimd2L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Thank you for the info. I will look into those also. 

• 1 month later...

We took some grab bars similar to those pictured above on our last cruise. They came in very handy for my mom to transfer from her chair into the toilet area. There was a very thin (more decorative than anything, in my opinion) grab bar beside the toilet, but that was a couple of steps in from the door - pretty useless in terms of transferring from a chair or walker. She would set her walker aside at the door and step into the cubicle.

So we put one outside the cubicle and one inside, so she could pass hand to hand with something to hold onto. 

They have a very sturdy grip on smooth surfaces and don't weigh much, so you can transport them easily. You just press them against the wall and snap the lever and they will hold a LOT Of pressure. To release you just flick the lever back up. Leave them up for the cruise and take them down the day you leave (you may have to tug hard!)

If you want to take them off and move them to the shower, that's easily accomplished, too!

Unfortunately they don't stick to the patterned surfaces in the rest of the cabin.

Edited by DaisyGoldberg