Bar Harbor Maine on October 17th

GA_Traveler

1 hour ago, luckyinpa said:

do you have any idea if 4 hours is enough/not enough to go up the mountain and stop at the sights along the loop? 

This will be my first time there so I am not sure.   We plan on doing the summit first and then adding in stops based on available time/battery usage.  We are also thinking about maybe adding an hour if necessary and if the car is available 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just came back from a Breakaway cruise.  We rented the GEM car.  Our car was running out of battery, it was barely moving at one point, and we were holding up traffic.  Luckily we were by Jordan Pond House and were able to get a landline to tell them to pick it up.  If you get the GEM car, first make sure they have the right car listed under your reservation.  When I called them, they thought I was in another car.  Two, get precise directions on how to exit the park, I did not have precise directions.  (They tell you not to go on route 3 to exit, but they were not specific on where exactly to leave the park).  Also, we did about one loop or a little more of the road without going up the mountain and we were almost out of power.

• 2 weeks later...

We were in Acadia on 2 October on Enchantment.  Acadia has become the WDW of national parks. Unbelievable crowds, gridlock, bumper to bumper, even the Island Tour buses. We were there September 2018 and it was busy, but nothing like this year. In Bar Harbor one could barely walk the street, packed in like sardines. Locals said it is like that often now. Hopefully, your time will be better. Took hours to get on a tender if you didn't have an excursion. Many unhappy pax. Jerry and I wanted to hike to the top of Cadillac, but only could do it about 80% and had to turn around due to time constraints.

• Thanks 1