Ports visited since Covid?

4 hours ago, Cbtours said:

Can you tell me where the info update is? I have been searching the Princess website.

FB. Someone on that cruise posted the change there.

Check your email, Irene, you probably got a notice of the change. It may show as a booking confirmation.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

FB. Someone on that cruise posted the change there.

Check your email, Irene, you probably got a notice of the change. It may show as a booking confirmation.

Ok no email but checked fb and it’s the majestic in March round aus. Looks like it’s cos it’s bigger ship.

2 hours ago, Cbtours said:

Ok no email but checked fb and it’s the majestic in March round aus. Looks like it’s cos it’s bigger ship.

6 months off, at least it wont be covid adjusted. The ship will comfortably fit in Geraldton, but could be lots of other things thrown out by the quantity of passengers - availability and capacity of tour operators for one.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, arxcards said:

6 months off, at least it wont be covid adjusted. The ship will comfortably fit in Geraldton, but could be lots of other things thrown out by the quantity of passengers - availability and capacity of tour operators for one.

Have never been to Darwin or anywhere in WA so looking fwd to those ports.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Cbtours said:

Let me know if they still have the great little jewellery stand inside the Darwin cruise terminal. They used to have some great stuff at very cheap prices. Often old stock from places like Swarovski. Since I don't care if it's in fashion or not it's great to get nice stuff at a bargain price.

• Like 1

Just now, OzKiwiJJ said:

Let me know if they still have the great little jewellery stand inside the Darwin cruise terminal. They used to have some great stuff at very cheap prices. Often old stock from places like Swarovski. Since I don't care if it's in fashion or not it's great to get nice stuff at a bargain price.

ooooo thanks. I will definitely be keeping an eye out for that one 😁

18 hours ago, Cbtours said:

We haven't cruised into Darwin, but have spent some time there and surrounds. We have some close friends that moved there 20 years ago, and have been trying to convince us to do the same. Darwin would be a great spot to overnight, to open-up travel into Kakadu. Litchfield is a worthwhile option for the day in port. A few hours on the road, but nice to rest back on a coach and enjoy a different landscape.

Freo and Perth are also lovely. The challenge is whether you find something to do in Freo,  catch a train into Perth, or ferry over to Rottnest if you are in port long enough.

• Like 1

Just now, arxcards said:

We haven't cruised into Darwin, but have spent some time there and surrounds. We have some close friends that moved there 20 years ago, and have been trying to convince us to do the same. Darwin would be a great spot to overnight, to open-up travel into Kakadu. Litchfield is a worthwhile option for the day in port. A few hours on the road, but nice to rest back on a coach and enjoy a different landscape.

Freo and Perth are also lovely. The challenge is whether you find something to do in Freo,  catch a train into Perth, or ferry over to Rottnest if you are in port long enough.

Thanks for the info. I have got the litchfield trip marked as a fav, but not firm re two hours each way to get there. But then again, if the scenery is worth it and not just on a road seeing "nothing". 

2 minutes ago, arxcards said:

rottnest would def be a choice, but then we can always go back to WA for a holiday so not too concerned about doing "everything" on the trip.

1 minute ago, Cbtours said:

Thanks for the info. I have got the litchfield trip marked as a fav, but not firm re two hours each way to get there. But then again, if the scenery is worth it and not just on a road seeing "nothing". 

I found it interesting heading there, mostly just saw the white lines coming back. Closer to 90 minutes road time, so they must have a rest stop along the way.

• Haha 1

Just now, arxcards said:

I found it interesting heading there, mostly just saw the white lines coming back. Closer to 90 minutes road time, so they must have a rest stop along the way.

I can understand the white lines aspect, though Frank would just pull his cap over his face and not see anything and just snooze the whole way home lol

• Like 1