Great Barrier Reef Cruise - Brisbane November 06, 2022

parad1se

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Looks like we will be a small group of cruisecritic members on the inaugural Carnival Luminosa cruise  this Sunday! Most of us are from Queensland and I like to think that Rudi and I are honorary Queenslanders as we live just on the border! I hope that we can all meet sometime during our cruise and give a special welcome to Gloria and Raul from Miami. Any suggestions?

Cheers

Miriam and Rudi

Edited by cruisecrazyaussie
typo

1 minute ago, cruisecrazyaussie said:

Looks like we will be a small group of cruisecritic members on the inaugural Carnival Luminosa cruise  this Sunday! Most of us are from Queensland and I like to think that Rudi and I are honorary Queenslanders as we live just on the border! I hope that we can all meet sometime during our cruise and give a special welcome to Gloria and Raul form Miami. Any suggestions?

Cheers

Miriam and Rudi

Bon Voyage!  Of course you are Queenslanders.  Our local Gold Coast bus goes to Tweed Heads.  In addition our Coolangatta airport is half in NSW.

17 minutes ago, cruisecrazyaussie said:

Hi MMDown Under

You must be close to the border yourself on the Queensland side. Yes, Coolangatta and Tweed Heads are known as Twin Towns as we are so intertwined. Will you be on the cruise too? 

No, I was trying for December.  I have just returned from five weeks in wet and cold Sydney.  I live in the Northern Gold Coast, but used to do regular drives in Northern NSW prior to Covid.  Bon Voyage. 

If we want this roll call to mean anything we need to start creating the feeling of a group. I hope you all agree.

I suggest we introduce ourselves this time with first names and previous experience with Carnival.

As for us, we are Miriam and Rudi from Tweed Heads and this will be our first Carnival cruise.  I have cruised for a number of years mostly with Holland America and Princess but want try out Carnival Luminosa as it will be operating out of Brisbane for the summer months. We will be cruising with a couple who are first time cruisers.

Over to you - parad1se, Suecanknit, duckdownunder59, Kelly3, paddydownunder and Ashanti.

Hope to hear from you all.

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

No, I was trying for December.  I have just returned from five weeks in wet and cold Sydney.  I live in the Northern Gold Coast, but used to do regular drives in Northern NSW prior to Covid.  Bon Voyage. 

MMDown Under

Have you booked a December cruise at the great rates currently available? 

I could not resist and have booked the same itinerary departing on  Carnival Luminosa on 4th  December. I have so missed cruising due to Covid and think that a coastal Queensland trip is good in the current situation.

1 hour ago, cruisecrazyaussie said:

MMDown Under

Have you booked a December cruise at the great rates currently available? 

I could not resist and have booked the same itinerary departing on  Carnival Luminosa on 4th  December. I have so missed cruising due to Covid and think that a coastal Queensland trip is good in the current situation.

No i wasn't eligible unfortunately

Hi Everyone,

Sorry we have been a bit busy so only getting back on here now. We are Shay and Carol from Alexandra Headland on the Sunshine Coast. Previously from Brisbane and originally from Ireland. This will be our first Carnival cruise - nice and handy for a short break sailing from Brisbane. We have been cruising for quite a few years mainly on Celebrity and Royal Caribbean. Looking forward to meeting you all.

Hi Shay and Carol

Look forward to meeting you both.  I'm from Ireland too and I've been in Australia since 1977.  Rudi and I are also on the open dining option though we usually eat our main meal in the middle of the day.  It would be great to have an informal Meet and Greet for all on our roll-call on Monday (the morning after boarding). Maybe meet in the Ocean Plaza?  I've not travelled with Carnival before so any suggestions would be welcome.

Miriam

Hi Everyone

Sorry about the post above.  I'm rather new to all of this and did not find a way to delete it!

While only Kelly3 and paddydownunder have show an interest in a get-together, I still prepared to anchor a meeting place for us to meet.

I will be in the Ocean Plaza (Deck 2) at a table close to the bar from 11-11.30am.  I will have a large blue Holland America bag on the table as an indicator.  Should the area be in use for some other activity I think the library on Deck 3 would be a quiet place to meet and decide where to go. (Remember I have not travelled with Carnival before and would appreciate any better suggestions.)

On 11/1/2022 at 10:20 AM, cruisecrazyaussie said:

Hi Shay and Carol

Look forward to meeting you both.  I'm from Ireland too and I've been in Australia since 1977.  Rudi and I are also on the open dining option though we usually eat our main meal in the middle of the day.  It would be great to have an informal Meet and Greet for all on our roll-call on Monday (the morning after boarding). Maybe meet in the Ocean Plaza?  I've not travelled with Carnival before so any suggestions would be welcome.

Miriam

Hi Miriam & Rudi- sorry I did not end up getting back on cruise critic so missed the get together. We are in cabin 6380 if you would like to catch up. We are also in open dining. We arrived Aug 1977 from Ireland too 😁 Shay & Carol 

1 hour ago, paddy down under said:

Hi Miriam & Rudi- sorry I did not end up getting back on cruise critic so missed the get together. We are in cabin 6380 if you would like to catch up. We are also in open dining. We arrived Aug 1977 from Ireland too 😁 Shay & Carol 

I hope you are all enjoying your cruise.  Do you like your cabin?  I will be in a cabin near yours on my cruise on 4/12.  

• Host Kat changed the title to Great Barrier Reef Cruise - Brisbane November 06, 2022