Onboard Customer "Service" -Brilliance

We're on the Brilliance right now, and let me start by saying that it's been an amazing cruise. Beautiful ports, terrific cabin steward, excellent service in bars, fantastic suite/Diamond concierge.

That said, here's the story on our port transfers ..

I reserved Venice airport transfers before our pre- and post-cruise travel was planned. We subsequently booked a post-cruise stay in Venice. When we were going to the transfer bus at the Venice airport, I asked one of the representatives if there was a return transfer to the city. I was told no, just to the airport. (That's one.)

On day 3 ( I think) there were lots of announcements on the app about booking transfers by noon of day 4. Out of curiosity I clicked on the link and saw.... Venice City Center transfers available! I called the customer service desk to see if we could get our transfers switched to City Center instead of the airport. 

I was told we had to go down to the customer service desk. ( That's two).

It had been a long day (Athens/Acropolis tour) but we were headed out early the next morning and transfers needed to be reserved by noon the next day, so down I went (this was after the Suite and Diamond concierges had left for the day.)

Waited in line until the now infamous "clear out the customer service queue" guy got to me and told me to get the tickets on the website. (That's three).

Seriously? 

If I had been given the correct information at the airport, I would have changed the transfers on board with time to spare. 

The customer "service" guy who took the call could have done it over the phone, or told me to go to the website. But no, I had to schlep down to their desk for nothing. 

Truly nothing, for in fact, after I had made the request online as directed, when the concierge checked, it wasn't there. So she took care of it. 

You shouldn't have to have loyalty status or be in a suite to get competent service and correct information.

Thanks for letting me vent. Like I said, this was the only dark blot on an otherwise wonderful cruise. But I was really exhausted, and didn't need the unnecessary extra hassle caused by folks who couldn't take 30 seconds to say "I don't know, let me find out for you."