Venture Questions

toseaornottosea

For those fortunate few who have been able to experience the Venture I have many questions, as I am sure do others, but to start where do they do the zodiac loading/unloading of passengers?  At the stern or along the port or starboard side?

Have been on a Seabourn Alaska cruise, pre-ordered complimentary parka and was able to exchange for a different size once onboard.  Is the same true on the Venture?

Now for the dreaded question, and for those who are past Seabourn cruisers, how do people dress at night for the MDR and the Collonade?  I imagine when the Collonade is set up as Earth and  Ocean it's very casual, especially for outdoor dining.

18 hours ago, toseaornottosea said:

For those fortunate few who have been able to experience the Venture I have many questions, as I am sure do others, but to start where do they do the zodiac loading/unloading of passengers?  At the stern or along the port or starboard side?

Have been on a Seabourn Alaska cruise, pre-ordered complimentary parka and was able to exchange for a different size once onboard.  Is the same true on the Venture?

Now for the dreaded question, and for those who are past Seabourn cruisers, how do people dress at night for the MDR and the Collonade?  I imagine when the Collonade is set up as Earth and  Ocean it's very casual, especially for outdoor dining.

Zodiac departure is about mid ship usually on the port side on the 3rd floor. Also on the 3rd floor are 2 rooms for boot storage and cleaning along with all the kayak gear. You can also store other things like hiking poles with your boots. 

Parka exchange is easy as it getting boots that fit.

In general it's a very relaxed vibe. Especially during the day. 

Dress is pretty casual in Collonade. MDR, gents in collared shirts,  occasional sport coat. Ladies in nice blouses and as some else said "fancied up black pants" 😀. There were 2 formal nights where folks spiffed up a bit. About a dozen tuxes appeared with accompanying dresses. But the more casual folks were not out of place. Occasional pair of jeans. No one looked mass market sloppy.

You're going to have a great time!