Ravenna to Bologna City Center Post-Cruise

tsarenzi

I am looking into options for post-cruise.  We are getting into Ravenna on a Thursday in October with Celebrity and we will be staying the night in Bologna, near the train station.  Are there still not many taxis in Ravenna/at the cruise port?  If that's an option, how much would a taxi to Bologna city center cost?  I think I saw the shuttle to the Ravenna train station is only Sundays?  What are options for private transfers?  Are cruise line transfers the best option?

I assume you are aware it is about 50 miles and a taxi would charge you based on 100 miles.  Put simply, you are talking several hundred Euros…is you can find a taxi.  A train would cost you about $10 per person.  There are also some buses but I have no clue as to the frequency.

We would be thinking about a taxi or shuttle to the train station.  I do recall once taking a local bus from near the port into the center of Ravenna, but that was many years ago.  It may or may not still be an option for getting near the train station.

Hank

• Like 1

I would check out the train, also.  less expensive to get transport to the Ravenna station than transport all the way to Bologna.  

Which hotel are you staying in by the Bologna Station?  By nearby do you mean you can walk to it?  just curious.  

Food note;  if you want to taste Bologna's famous mortadella, look up Mo Mortadella Lab.  A tiny spot with amazing sandwiches.  no tables/seats, so everyone stands in the alleyway.  It's open until late and there is always a line.

Edited by slidergirl

6 hours ago, slidergirl said:

I would check out the train, also.  less expensive to get transport to the Ravenna station than transport all the way to Bologna.  

Which hotel are you staying in by the Bologna Station?  By nearby do you mean you can walk to it?  just curious.  

Food note;  if you want to taste Bologna's famous mortadella, look up Mo Mortadella Lab.  A tiny spot with amazing sandwiches.  no tables/seats, so everyone stands in the alleyway.  It's open until late and there is always a line.

We'll be staying at the hotel Mercure Bologna Centro which looks to be right across the street from the Bologna station.  I think I have my companions convinced to take the Marconi Express to the airport in the morning, but Ravenna to Bologna may be a harder sell with all of their luggage if we have to transfer between transit types.

As for food... Bologna is going to be tough.  We'll have one day and night to fit in all of the delicious food we want to try in Bologna... how will we pick!?  Will note down that idea, though!

14 hours ago, tsarenzi said:

We'll be staying at the hotel Mercure Bologna Centro which looks to be right across the street from the Bologna station.  I think I have my companions convinced to take the Marconi Express to the airport in the morning, but Ravenna to Bologna may be a harder sell with all of their luggage if we have to transfer between transit types.

As for food... Bologna is going to be tough.  We'll have one day and night to fit in all of the delicious food we want to try in Bologna... how will we pick!?  Will note down that idea, though!

What you need to do food-wise is just pick and don't look back!!!  There's never enough time to do it all.  

Bologna Centrale is about a 15-20 walk to the Centro Storico.  Pretty much an easy walk.  

• 1 month later...

Just went from port to Bologna Central last week. Taxis were not waiting at the port. Someone was at the cruise terminal as you exited and took your name and number of passengers. She then called a taxi for you. We waited 5 minutes and ended up sharing with another couple at the suggestion of the driver. Cost was 25 euro total. We then took train to Bologna which was 8 euro each. All very easy. 

• Like 1