UK Traveller, Carribean sailing, Testing Requirements

dtj89

Afternoon,

We are sailing on the seashore on the 15/10. We have had a look at the testing requirements and it states "To note: Guests that recovered from Covid-19 are not considered as fully vaccinated and an antigen self-test is not accepted for embarkation, in both cases boarding will be denied".

Does this mean we have to have an observed test or can it be one of those Randox ones where you just upload the photo? If observed does it have to be video/in person. Any help would be appreciated. MSC are a bit vague with it. 

Thanks

Dan

The negative COVID test must be one with a lab report from a testing LABORATORY. In the US that will be a lab report that shows all the standard patient information and most importantly the information on the laboratory. If the lab report you get has info like CLIA certification, lab director’s name, the ordering physician, test methodology, sample and report dates, and result you will be good to go. I know from personal experience a lab report from the live monitored test by eMed has all that information, and is acceptable. The standard CVS and WALGREENS also have it. I don’t have any experience with the reports from the other monitoring labs, like onPoint, that use your own purchased or freebie test, but I understand their lab reports are similar.

Dennis

On 9/14/2022 at 11:32 PM, kelleherdl said:

The negative COVID test must be one with a lab report from a testing LABORATORY. In the US that will be a lab report that shows all the standard patient information and most importantly the information on the laboratory. If the lab report you get has info like CLIA certification, lab director’s name, the ordering physician, test methodology, sample and report dates, and result you will be good to go. I know from personal experience a lab report from the live monitored test by eMed has all that information, and is acceptable. The standard CVS and WALGREENS also have it. I don’t have any experience with the reports from the other monitoring labs, like onPoint, that use your own purchased or freebie test, but I understand their lab reports are similar.

Dennis

Used Nomi health test in Miami free worked for us …..didn’t really check it tough when we got on🤔