Disney goes to the South Pacific - Itinerary Advice

woostergirl

Disney Cruises just announced that they will be headed to the South Pacific in 2023-2024.

Here's the website announcement: https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/featured/hawaii-south-pacific-cruises/?CMP=EMC-1662718404|346040158&cid=PDM574172&bid=1434968276

I'm considering putting a deposit down for the 15-night South Pacific cruise from Sydney to Honolulu on February 16, 2024
Ports of call: Noumea, New Caledonia; Lautoka, Fiji; Pago Pago, American Samoa; Kahului, Maui 

Number of days at sea: 9

The prices are good, but lots of sea days. Going to American Samoa and the national park there is on my bucket list! Is this a good itinerary for those of you who have sailed in the South Pacific? Or should I consider a Paul Gaugin cruise instead? My kids will be 9 and 13 in 2024.

Thanks in advance!

Do it- sounds wonderful. And enough onboard for the kids on sea days. I LOVE sea days in So. Pacific. They are very active cruise- ports that require to to run around/tour/snorkel/beach it everywhere. So having some kick back days to just enjoy the ship is wonderful. Guessing that the long haul is Samoa-Maui? How many sea days strung together is that? If 3 or more in a row it might be a very challenging for your children. But a Disney cruise is a Disney cruise and nothing better for kids.

PG is not quite as cut out for kids but doable. Staff is wonderful and will knock themselves out helping to amuse yours. There are specific kids activities during the summer. Dining excellent, staff outstanding. I just think your kids would feel more comfortable on Disney. The only thing is that I've done similar itinerary to Disney's and I like the 11 day Tahiti much better PG. I go every 3 years. Only once on PG- six on Windstar, two Oceania. WS and O obviously not for kids.

Good decision to have. I'd go Disney with children!

• Like 1