Town & Beach Break Combo

mnsawyer

See this is new tour on the Carnival website. Open air truck tour and then beach. Ocean kayaks, volleyball, hammocks at beach. Water, soda and two beers included.

Anyone know about this?? Cost? How is it?

if its on carnival web site and you have a cruise booked you should be able to see how much it costs.

You will register on the carnival web page- top right hand corner. Once you are registered-- click on my profile then add a booking number.

doing that adds your cruise to the main page-- click on details. it will bring you to a page that has your itinerary on it.. clicking on costa Maya you will see all the stuff that is available to you for your sailing.

You wont get all of the stuff that you see by clicking on excursions. but what you see when you click your port for your week is whats available.

clicking further will show you the times, how much etc. (dont worry about being charged until you put in your CC information,.

Booking online you will be paying for that excursion before you go.

Be a little careful with this one - I was on the Carnival Glory (sailing 2/25/06). We had a passenger die on this tour - she was traveling with her elderly mother and got into trouble in the water. Despite CPR, it took 30 minutes to get an ambulance out there and by that time she died. It was very sad. This poor old lady was left to try to make arrangements to have the body of her daughter flown back. Be conscious that you are definately in a third world country (despite the fact it is a ship-sponsored excursion) and be careful for your own safety. I don't know if she could have been saved if help had gotten there sooner - I think they had trouble getting any kind of pulse once she went under - but always be aware you are not in the U.S. and be conscious that there are not life-guards to protect you.

Our cruise was fine - don't get me wrong - I just can't stop think about this old woman and her daughter.

Archived