upsells

I have a couple of questions

1)how soon before a cruise do they call?

2) What are the Discounts Like?

3)Has anyone upgraded on the Spirit to a penthouse and at what discount

4)Is a upsell the same thing as say looking for a good price 60 days before and then calling NCL to get that price? Or are up sells usally more?

Thanks

1)how soon before a cruise do they call? Usually, after final payment but some report earlier.

2) What are the Discounts Like? Take your cruise fare only of the room you are moving to, subtract the cruise fare that you paid for your current room and divide by two.

3)Has anyone upgraded on the Spirit to a penthouse and at what discount. Yes, we went from a balcony to an AC using the above method.

4)Is a upsell the same thing as say looking for a good price 60 days before and then calling NCL to get that price? No. Or are up sells usally more? No

• 3 weeks later...

We sailing on the Wind to Alaska 5/28/06. We are currently booked in balcony room. I just received a call from the TA that to upsell to owner's suite would be $1100/pp. There are three of us going. Doesn't that sound high? I don't think I am going to do it.

We sailing on the Wind to Alaska 5/28/06. We are currently booked in balcony room. I just received a call from the TA that to upsell to owner's suite would be $1100/pp. There are three of us going. Doesn't that sound high? I don't think I am going to do it.

Normally the upsell price is only for the first two in the cabin. Check with your TA they may have it wrong.

I just checked the cruise fare at NCL.com for the AA (no taxes, ins, or non com) it is 1,959.00 pp first two.

If you paid cruise fare of 759 pp the upsell should be around 600 pp.

I think the 1100 may be the total price - that would make sense - not many TAs that understand NCL upsells

Thanks ShoreGuy for responding. I am new to these boards so I have lots of questions.

I called the TA late yesterday and told her we paid $4024.00 for the three of us (no insurance..bought it through a private comp) and with the upsell offer of $1150/pp (just for the first two) that would make the trip more expensive than if I just went on NCL this morning and booked the Owner's Suite. I asked her two or three times is she sure the $1150 is per person or total. She confirmed it was per person. NCL site today is pricing our BA at $5430.24 for the three of us and AA (Owner's suite) for $5480.24 for the three of us...$50 difference. I realize the NCL will take into consideratin what we actually paid verses what the going price is today, figure the going price today for the OS and we would pay the difference (or at least somewhere around the difference) but from what I have been reading on these boards it is typically 50% of the difference. I would have to be crazy to take this offer. We are still 60 days out from the cruise so I will wait for another offer. My TA is kinda ditzy so I don't hold alot of faith in her to get this right but I am stuck because NCL will not talk to me. I have tried and they tell me that they can only speak with the TA. Bummer. I will wait it out. Thanks for all the great tips and info CC. Hope it helps me.

Thanks ShoreGuy for responding. I am new to these boards so I have lots of questions.

I called the TA late yesterday and told her we paid $4024.00 for the three of us (no insurance..bought it through a private comp) and with the upsell offer of $1150/pp (just for the first two) that would make the trip more expensive than if I just went on NCL this morning and booked the Owner's Suite. I asked her two or three times is she sure the $1150 is per person or total. She confirmed it was per person. NCL site today is pricing our BA at $5430.24 for the three of us and AA (Owner's suite) for $5480.24 for the three of us...$50 difference. I realize the NCL will take into consideratin what we actually paid verses what the going price is today, figure the going price today for the OS and we would pay the difference (or at least somewhere around the difference) but from what I have been reading on these boards it is typically 50% of the difference. I would have to be crazy to take this offer. We are still 60 days out from the cruise so I will wait for another offer. My TA is kinda ditzy so I don't hold alot of faith in her to get this right but I am stuck because NCL will not talk to me. I have tried and they tell me that they can only speak with the TA. Bummer. I will wait it out. Thanks for all the great tips and info CC. Hope it helps me.

You could try calling the upsell desk yourself. 800 625-4309 I would think you should be able to book the OS for no more then the price difference from what you paid and the current price that already appears discounted. That would only be $1400 total.

You will still need to engage you TA to finalize the deal but at least you can get the facts.

Something does not make sense.

you should be able to call NCL upsell desk directly. Becasue you booked with a TA, they will ask you to wait on hold while they call you're TA for permission to deal with you. Remember, an upsell offer is negotiable. I was offered $300 pp for an upsell from outside to balcony. On the same phone call, I bagained them down to $75 pp. Obviously, the amount of bagaining power will depend on availability and how badly they want to free up your room catagory to sell it.

Archived