Bringing Drones on ships

Szt

30 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

From Holland America's FAQs: "All checked and carry-on luggage will be scanned and any prohibited items, including alcoholic/nonalcoholic beverages will be removed, confiscated, and discarded."  (underlining mine)

From their profile OP is  going on NCL which does return items like irons etc. That said..... reading NCl's policy on drones which they put prominently at the top of their do not pack list it can't be missed that they are not allowed  I advise OP not to pack the drone. Given that placement on the do not pack it sounds like they are pretty serious about them. It is not buried on the list with a bunch of other items. I think it woud be embarrising to be found with one. Probably some fool flew one on the ship. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1

On 9/15/2022 at 1:06 PM, Szt said:

We have a teeny little drone smaller than a cell phone. Since my joy is photography but my mobility is limited, I was hoping to use the drone to take pictures from the walls and vistas I cannot climb. 
I see drones are in the “do not bring” list. We have no intention of pulling it out in board. But do you think they will notice it in our luggage when we board? Or in our back packs when we return from a port? It looks like a little portable charger except for little wings that fold in. If they do prohibit it, will they return it at the end of the cruise? It would be worth risking it if we will get it back. 
Or, could we tell them we have it and leave it with the bursar till the end? We are traveling beyond the cruise and can use it then. 
Would love hell making this choice. 

I took my Mavid Pro on carnival Sunshine on my last cruise in 2018. Had no problems, kept it in my cabin and use it ashore. BUT. On my Upcoming cruise Oct 1st this year on carnival Marti Gras, I was reading the list.. And they require you to give the drone to security when you board the ship, and "check it out" when in ports.  In that case, I decided to not take my drone on this trip. 

So at the time of this posting, Carnival will allow Drones, but you have to leave them with security while your on the ship.

• Like 2