Carnival 'Cruise the Vineyards' Wine package price and Drinks prices for 2022 Australian cruises?

I've booked on the first Australian cruise of the newly acquired Carnival Luminosa from Brisbane on 6 November and am looking for the details and price of the 2022 'Cruise the Vineyards' wine pack on other Carnival ships in Australian waters this year.  I have the 2018 details which included Au $185 for 5 bottles in the Deluxe Wine Package and Au $228 for 5 bottles in the Premium Wine Package.  Hopefully the prices haven't gone up to much! 

Would also be great to have the current Drinks List and prices.

We so look forward to being on the inaugural journey ex Brisbane. Only 51 days to go!

cruisecrazyaussie

Tweed Heads

Thanks for this information arxcards. Somehow I had thought that Carnival had at least one ship based in Australia since cruising recommenced, obviously not.  I have previously cruised with Princess (Elite) and Holland America (4 star Mariner) but this will be my first Carnival cruise. So I'll just have to wait and see unless someone on one of the first Carnival Splendor cruises here in Australia would get that info for me.

• Like 1

Hi Ondine

Thanks for the link to the comprehensive and recent wine lists and prices.  Looks like the most reasonable bottle of wine is US$30 which I think would translate to about Au$45.  I expect that there will be additional gratuities of around 18-20%, so close to another Au$9.  That would make the total price for their most reasonable bottles about Au$50-$54.

I love my wine and that's a pretty steep price for the cheapest of their wines!!  I do hope that the 'Cruise in the Vinyards' package will drop the price - hopefully 25% or so. Don't know if the Vineyards package includes gratuities?  (Holland America's wine packages do.)  Also it would be good if there were more Australian and New Zealand wines that we know.

Cheers

Miriam 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, cruisecrazyaussie said:

Hi Ondine

Thanks for the link to the comprehensive and recent wine lists and prices.  Looks like the most reasonable bottle of wine is US$30 which I think would translate to about Au$45.  I expect that there will be additional gratuities of around 18-20%, so close to another Au$9.  That would make the total price for their most reasonable bottles about Au$50-$54.

I love my wine and that's a pretty steep price for the cheapest of their wines!!  I do hope that the 'Cruise in the Vinyards' package will drop the price - hopefully 25% or so. Don't know if the Vineyards package includes gratuities?  (Holland America's wine packages do.)  Also it would be good if there were more Australian and New Zealand wines that we know.

Cheers

Miriam 

Going by what Carnival had in 2018, they will stock the cellar heavily with Australian wines when they arrive here. Here is a recent list from Carnival in the US, but prices and choice will be different. Probably a better guide to go by the 2018 list and add 10 to 20 % to the price.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1358/~/cruise-the-vineyards-wine-packages-program

Thanks arxcards.  I have what I think is the 'Cruise the Vineyard' list for 2018 Aussie cruises on Carnival. A number of Aussie and NZ wines 5 for $185 for the Deluxe Package  and $228 for the Premium Package.  I presume that was in AUD?

If correct in 2018 the Deluxe would equate to about Au$37 plus say $8 gratuities - total Au$45 a bottle.

The Premium about Au$46 plus say $9 gratuities - total Au$54.  Adding another 20% for price increases would make it Au$54 for Deluxe and $65 for the Premium bottles. Do you think those figures would be in the ballgame?

(I have a PDF but somehow cannot attach it to my reply - I'm 70 and feel a bit challenged by IT issues! I've tried to drag and choose the file without success! I'll try again and post if I can find a way.)

Miriam

14 minutes ago, cruisecrazyaussie said:

Now, this has been taken direct from the Carnival website a few minutes ago. Hope it works - fingers crossed!

https://www.carnival.com.au/~/media/CCLAU/pdf/media-centre/wine-package-au-2019

Being Australia, it is inclusive pricing - no gratuities added to any of the Carnival brands in Australia

18 minutes ago, cruisecrazyaussie said:

Now, this has been taken direct from the Carnival website a few minutes ago. Hope it works - fingers crossed!

https://www.carnival.com.au/~/media/CCLAU/pdf/media-centre/wine-package-au-2019

Actually, I should qualify that - no gratuities added for Carnival, Princess, P&O Australia. Might not be the case for $US cruises on HAL and Cunard.

Good news! Fantastic to know that there will be no gratuities added to the wine packages and other drinks. - certainly a cost saving!  I was aware of the situation with Princess and P&O Australia but did not know that it applied to all of the Carnival PLC brands in Australia waters, including Carnival cruises..

On 9/18/2022 at 3:35 PM, Ondine said:

I have been watching this couple post videos on the current cruise from USA to Sydney.  I imagine that some things will change when they reach Sydney.

Thanks for sharing! A great selection of menus to give an idea of what to expect!