Viking River Cruises laundry

islandwoman

You fill a bag in your stateroom, fill out a form saying how many pieces and what you want done (laundry, press only, fold or hang, etc.) and leave it in your stateroom.  The room steward picks it up in the morning.  It will be back in your room the following afternoon/evening unless you pay an extra 50% for 3 hour service.  Very reliable, but I only send out cotton garments.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dd57 said:

You fill a bag in your stateroom, fill out a form saying how many pieces and what you want done (laundry, press only, fold or hang, etc.) and leave it in your stateroom.  The room steward picks it up in the morning.  It will be back in your room the following afternoon/evening unless you pay an extra 50% for 3 hour service.  Very reliable, but I only send out cotton garments.

Do note that only suites receive this service for free - as a complimentary amenity. For staterooms there is a fee per item, a fee based on what you want done. As example I believe you can get a pair of pants laundered or laundered and pressed. I'm betting there is a recent price list posted somewhere on here. I do recall there is a space for instructions. No experience with how detailed you can get nor how well your instructions will be followed. But! We have always had good results. 

Edited by Haqdeluxe
  • Thanks 1

We have taken two Viking River Cruises, Bucharest to Amsterdam (21 days in 2019) and Basel to Amsterdam (7 days in 2021).  On both boats we used the laundry service.  We had no problems or complaints.  In the morning we would stuff the bag with dirty clothes, fill out the form and leave for the cabin attendant.  Laundry would be back that evening or the next day.  We do a lot of cruising, so we do not take anything delicate, shrinkable or not colorfast.  We take clothes that we have run though our washing machine at home.   

• Thanks 1

I don't believe you can specify temperature or special handling.  They don't have the facilities to handle individual settings like that.   Like WisRIver said, either don't bring them, or do anything delicate or shrinkable by hand in your sink and hang on the clothesline in your shower.  Leaving the heated floor on makes the items dry quickly.

• Thanks 1