How early were you at Civitavecchia RCL cruise terminal for embarkation

We will be on a TA cruise from Civitavecchia to Ft Lauderdale end of October with RCL. We have the earliest boarding time 11:30 am. Due to scheduling circumstances, we will be at the port at around 10 am. This is our first TA cruise, and also our first in Italy. Just wondering if anyone has experience in boarding process with RCL at Civitavecchia in terms of how early will they let you into the terminal? Given out boarding time is 11:30 but we're arriving at 10 am, hoping we don't have to wait too long outside the terminal (with luggage and all) before they will start letting us into the terminal to wait for embarkation. Does anyone has similar experience? 

Than you in advance! 

11 minutes ago, seapad said:

We will be on a TA cruise from Civitavecchia to Ft Lauderdale end of October with RCL. We have the earliest boarding time 11:30 am. Due to scheduling circumstances, we will be at the port at around 10 am. This is our first TA cruise, and also our first in Italy. Just wondering if anyone has experience in boarding process with RCL at Civitavecchia in terms of how early will they let you into the terminal? Given out boarding time is 11:30 but we're arriving at 10 am, hoping we don't have to wait too long outside the terminal (with luggage and all) before they will start letting us into the terminal to wait for embarkation. Does anyone has similar experience? 

Than you in advance! 

I'm on a similar Celebrity cruise (also never before) but our boarding time is 11:00 am - we are Elite in Aqua so  i'm not sure if either of those gave us an earlier time. But, at least by 11:00. How are you arriving at the port?  If it's by train there are some restaurants by the train station for a cup of coffee then you can take the port shuttle to the ship.

Edited by JuliaMS

24 minutes ago, JuliaMS said:

I'm on a similar Celebrity cruise (also never before) but our boarding time is 11:00 am - we are Elite in Aqua so  i'm not sure if either of those gave us an earlier time. But, at least by 11:00. How are you arriving at the port?  If it's by train there are some restaurants by the train station for a cup of coffee then you can take the port shuttle to the ship.

We are arriving on a cab, I believe they say direct drop off to the ship-side?!