Need advice on location of cabin on Freedom

I've booked our first ever cruise on Freedom for the June 11th 2006 sailing. Our cabins are on the 9th deck towards the front of the ship. I tend to get moionsickness from the car, do you think being on one of the higher decks and forward will bother me??? I am so thankful I found this site, I have found so many wonderful tips. Thanks everyone!!!!:)

Well it´s hard to tell if it will bother you as it´s a very personal thing.

Also no one has ever sailed the Freedom so far and so there are no expieriences out there how well Freedom handles high seas.

Anyway the rule is that there is less movement the more midships and the lower you are on the ship. The more you go to the front or the aft of the ship the more movement you might get.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd say to keep your room. You've never been on a cruise before. EVERYONE says "I am going to get sick" and most never do. Those of us who do get sick (yes I am one of them) just takes along some bonine or dramamine for the first 2 days until we get our sea legs. After day 2, you won't need anything.

I booked deck 10 for the FOS. I have no worries. :D

I just booked Freedom for April of '07, and since my DH gets motion sickness, our TA suggested the 9th deck towards the back of the ship. Reasoning was we would feel more vibration from the engines rather than the bow of the ship rocking up & down, but she said even that wasn't too bad. Supposedly the Freedom has these state-of-the-art stabilzers that no other ship (save the Navy) has...but I can't guarantee it...

I just booked Freedom for April of '07, and since my DH gets motion sickness, our TA suggested the 9th deck towards the back of the ship. Reasoning was we would feel more vibration from the engines rather than the bow of the ship rocking up & down, but she said even that wasn't too bad. Supposedly the Freedom has these state-of-the-art stabilzers that no other ship (save the Navy) has...but I can't guarantee it...

That's true. The stabilizers are suppose to be wonderful on it.

And you are going April 07? So are we. It must be a PA thing. I live in West Central PA. ;) :D

By April, we are so tired of the cool chilly weather we are just begging for some warmth. :)

Great OTC pill that is fruit flavored & you chew one every 24 hours & never get seasick even on an amusement park ride! Great for back seats of cars & airplanes also.

We are 9228 in October. Where are you?

I've booked our first ever cruise on Freedom for the June 11th 2006 sailing. Our cabins are on the 9th deck towards the front of the ship. I tend to get moionsickness from the car, do you think being on one of the higher decks and forward will bother me??? I am so thankful I found this site, I have found so many wonderful tips. Thanks everyone!!!!:)

Great OTC pill that is fruit flavored & you chew one every 24 hours & never get seasick even on an amusement park ride! Great for back seats of cars & airplanes also.

We are 9228 in October. Where are you?

Will be picking up the Bonine for sure!!! We're on the 6/11/06 sailing cabin 9532

Archived