Spa appointment and Embarkation time.

iriecruising

I like to book a massage on embarkation day. The appointment available for the service I want is Noon. We cant check in for the cruise yet so what happens if my embarkation time is after my appointment? Wondering how big of a pain in the ass it would be to cancel it since you have to pay at time of booking. Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks!

7 hours ago, iriecruising said:

I like to book a massage on embarkation day. The appointment available for the service I want is Noon. We cant check in for the cruise yet so what happens if my embarkation time is after my appointment? Wondering how big of a pain in the ass it would be to cancel it since you have to pay at time of booking. Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks!

The earliest embarkation time I've seen lately is 12pm and it's usually Plats/Diamonds that get those.  What's the earliest time available for your cruise? That may determine whether you even make the appointment, assuming you get the earliest check-in time.  And it likely isn't a problem to cancel - although I've never cancelled a spa appointment, I've cancelled excursions and the amount just gets refunded to whatever credit card I used. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, iriecruising said:

Thanks!

Is there a particular reason you want to book a treatment so early on embarkation day?

11 hours ago, iriecruising said:

I like to book a massage on embarkation day. The appointment available for the service I want is Noon.

Embarkation day is not a very good or relaxing day to book a massage. There will be many passengers walking through & checking out the spa. Some spa employees will also be giving embarkation day spa tours.

• Like 5

In Los Angeles I’m normally on by 11 am. It makes a huge difference where you are sailing from. Im gold. It’s really easy to get a 10am appt if you Are diligent in Your arrival window scheduling. It’s not too hard.

Edited by KyloRen
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, KyloRen said:

In Los Angeles I’m normally on by 11 am. It makes a huge difference where you are sailing from. Im gold. It’s really easy to get a 10am appt if you Are diligent in Your arrival window scheduling. It’s not too hard.

Is there a reason you would want to have a spa appointment literally the minute you board the ship? What's the benefit in it vs any other time on the cruise?

In addition to crowd noises, a raffle, and tours, you also need to do something with your carry-ons, complete the muster drill, and consider what to wear, depending on the service you seek.  Pebbles has a 3:45 massage on embarkation day, which allows for checking carry-ons in the cabin (usually available at 1:30) and still gives her time to unpack, shower, and get ready for dinner at 6:00PM.  Lots to consider for such an early reservation.  Good luck!

I have a sailing coming up leaving from Galveston and we have a spa appointments at 12PM. We were able to get a check in time at 10AM on the first day of online check in for our cruise (not a fancy status either). I booked on embarkation day because it was one of the few decent times for the treatment and the cost was almost 50 bucks cheaper per person.  I have made the mistake of book a massage at the same time as sail away one time and ended up with a terrible case of sea sickness.

• Like 1

On 10/9/2022 at 10:18 AM, kwokpot said:

Is there a particular reason you want to book a treatment so early on embarkation day?

I usually prefer 1 or 2pm but that is not an option. It is a 90minute treatment and I like to do it early on embarkation day so I am nice and relaxed for sail away. It is just my way of decompressing and marking the official start of vacation. I enjoy the ships, the onboard activities and spending lots of time in port so embarkation day is a great choice for me. I am traveling with my husband who can watch our carry on from his favorite spot at the red frog tiki bar! 

• Like 1

On 10/9/2022 at 12:04 PM, kwokpot said:

Is there a reason you would want to have a spa appointment literally the minute you board the ship? What's the benefit in it vs any other time on the cruise?

I usually prefer 1 or 2pm but that is not an option. It is a 90minute treatment and I like to do it early on embarkation day so I am nice and relaxed for sail away. It is just my way of decompressing and marking the official start of vacation. I enjoy the ships, the onboard activities and spending lots of time in port so embarkation day is a great choice for me. I am traveling with my husband who can watch our carry on from his favorite spot at the red frog tiki bar! 

2 minutes ago, iriecruising said:

Sounds good, thanks for explaining, and enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

On 10/9/2022 at 10:57 AM, ObstructedView2 said:

Embarkation day is not a very good or relaxing day to book a massage. There will be many passengers walking through & checking out the spa. Some spa employees will also be giving embarkation day spa tours.

Embarkation Day is when I have always done it.  There have been tours while I was having them done and it has never disturbed me. I am in my treatment room. There is usually an in room shower for the salt scrub part. and I love to start my vacation by decompressing and then after I am all relaxed and ready for a drink and sail away. 🙂