Tundra wilderness tour and Pretty Rocks Landslide

Lazz

My Princess Cruise Land tour portion includes the Denali Tundra Wilderness Tour.  The bus tour stops and turns around at Mile Marker 43.  I read that everyone must turn around because a land slide has closed the road until some time in 2024.  Did the Tundra Wilderness tour continue on the road before the land slide, or was mile marker 43 always the turn around point?  

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, the tour doesn't go all the way, and who knows when it will be repaired? So, I say, bite the bullet and take the Tundra tour anyway. Who knows when/if you will be back? We saw the Big Five of the animals in the park on the abbreviated tour. Imagine how vast the park is if in the 6 hours you only see 1% of Denali. I personally think that what you see will be worth it, who knows what the future holds.

• 2 months later...

The hard copy of the Fairbanks Daily News-Miner and the electronic version of today's Anchorage Daily News both have published updates on the rock slide issue at Pretty Rocks.  The National Park Service has selected a contractor, the contract was formalized last week, construction is scheduled to start next May and they hope, if all goes well, to have the road accessible by the summer of 2025.  

• Like 2