phil layfette? and first on jewel

roysana

;) :o i have read some post on phil layfette tours in jamica.Im about to book with him and I just wanted some more feedback on him. We are a family of 4, two kids 6 and 11. we are traveling on the jewel on 3/19.

Any help would be great. Also, any info on jewel and kids clubs?

Phil Lafayette was awesome. We were on the Jewel for the 2/19 cruise. I booked Phil based upon comments made in the Jamaica port of call board. We did the river tubing/Dunns River falls tour. He added a tour around Ocho Rios for no charge as the falls was extremely crowded. We hit it later in the day however it was still crowded (3 ships in port) Phil is quite a story teller and is very proud of his heritage. He likes to sing and add adjectives that begin with "P" to his name while he tells stories, psycho, patriotic, paternal to name a few. As for kids club, no problem there. There were over 650 kids onboard during our cruise and Kids club had most of them!! Sign up when you get on board. Hope you enjoy your cruise!!

I think you would have to search high and low to find a bad review of phil lafayette. He is very personable. DW and I absolutely loved him and his informative tour.

Some folks may want to spend extra time shopping, or get back to the ship earlier, etc. He will have it all worked out for you. Droped us off to shop while he returned others to their ship, then came back and waited for us.

After you will meet "Uncle" Phil you will understand why all who have toured with him think of him as Phenomenal, Phantastic, Phil!!!

Singing the praises of Phil Lafayette.....We were on the Victory for the 2/12/06 cruise and were with Phil on 2/17. He was perfectly pleasant and positively wonderful. Jamaica was our preferred port and the time we spent there was the highlight of our cruise. We did the waterfall climb at Dunns River Falls and the river tubing. Phil was phenomenal! The timing was perfect, his tour was fun and professional. Phil provided a plethora of panoramic picture-taking views. Phil was very playful and personable. We were the only parents on his tour with young people (twin 7 year olds and a nine year old) and they loved Phil! He poured plenty of adult humor into his tour but took great precaution as to do it in a way in which the children would not pick up on it. (He was being Parental Phil.) Phil was an excellent performer and it is with pride and pleasure that we recommend him to all people who wish to take part in a tour of Jamaica. Please make sure you read this fast and walk slow, Mon! If you take Phil's tour, this will all make perfect sense to you! (Phil, if you're reading this - Many Thanks from Percolating Pam, Romantic Ray, Monkey Maya, Special Samantha and Cool Cooper. I hope we provided enough p's for you!)

I just got back from Ocho Rios and seeing Phil. He is everything everyone said about him. There were only 5 people in our group. We went to Dunns Falls, then to the rain forest and then took a lengthy tour of the town. He was going to take us to a restaurant to eat, but nobody wanted to eat. The group was kinda a dud, but Phil was great. He dropped me off to go shopping and then picked me up later and took me to my ship. Total price for almost 5 hours was $35. $15 of that was for the Dunn Rivers Falls. Of course I left a very nice tip. If you book through the cruise ships, you will pay almost double and get about 1/2 of what Phil will give you. He also told you the good places to shop and the not so good.

We used Phil last year and enjoyed the tour. We hit kind of a bad day, mist and rain on and off, and Phil was very concerned that we wouldn't enjoy the tour because of that; luckily dampness didn't bother the river tubing at all and it had quit raining by the time we hit Dunn's River Falls. He is very personable and looks out for you and your belongings.

Archived