Question about excursions for Viking Sagas on Rotterdam

TxNewbie71

I have been researching excursions for the Viking Sagas cruise for August 2023, which will be our very first cruise! Has anyone been able to do the hike to Pulpit Rock at the Stavanger port? I saw an excursion listed when I was looking at this cruise vs the Norse Legends. I really wanted to do this hike and now I'm disappointed that it is not listed anymore. While looking at different excursion site like Viator it looks like there may be a time restraint. They are all 8 to 9 hour excursions and the time in Stavanger is 8 to 3. Just wondering if that is why? Kind of bummed but thinking about the Lysefjord cruise that travels under Pulpit rock instead. Any input would be appreciated!

5 hours ago, Willow8000 said:

thinking about the Lysefjord cruise that travels under Pulpit rock instead. Any input would be appreciated!

I've done that excursion a few times, and enjoyed it each time, under different weather conditions. It was in an excursion type boat, similar to ones I have taken in Alaska. On each cruise the ship also did the cruise up the fjord, and it gave a very different perspective than the smaller boat did; I was glad to have the different views. 
The boat stopped at a waterfall, and collected water we could take a drink of. There was also a spot where some mountain goats came down to the boat to check us out. Fun! 
The boat stopped and let us off for a break where we got some of the Norwegian thin waffles, with jam--- a frequent snack on tours in Norway. One time was a sheltered spot in the woods, another time was more like a rest stop on the highway kind of place. 

You will get a good perspective of Pulpit Rock, just from below. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/16/2022 at 5:48 PM, RuthC said:

The boat stopped at a waterfall, and collected water we could take a drink of. There was also a spot where some mountain goats came down to the boat to check us out. Fun! 
The boat stopped and let us off for a break where we got some of the Norwegian thin waffles, with jam--- a frequent snack on tours in Norway. One time was a sheltered spot in the woods, another time was more like a rest stop on the highway kind of place. 

This is what we are looking for.  Can you share who you booked this through please.  TIA

1 minute ago, McGarrett5oh said:

This is what we are looking for.  Can you share who you booked this through please.  TIA

Each time was a HAL tour. I don't remember if I did the tour two times or three. 
It's an easy tour for me, which I do enjoy. Changes in the weather changes the experience, too. 

• Thanks 1