NCL Epic: Shanghai restaurant menu?

fstuff1

I'm taking the Epic in Dec.

The 'Explore and Plan' page for my reservation shows both a Shanghai restaurant (like on Gem) and a Shanghai noodle bar (like on Breakaway).

Anyone have a recent menu for both these restaurants?

34 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

I'm taking the Epic in Dec.

The 'Explore and Plan' page for my reservation shows both a Shanghai restaurant (like on Gem) and a Shanghai noodle bar (like on Breakaway).

Anyone have a recent menu for both these restaurants?

I don't have the menu but I can say the food at Shanghai was terrible. We didn't eat at the noodle bar--we were in the main dining room. It was so bad that we ended up going up to the buffet after dinner so we could actually eat. The only meal we didn't enjoy out of a 7 night cruise.

Check out post #92 on Bird's Breakaway review. The menu (unless I'm way off base - and CC'ers will tell us) is the same on all the ships that have Shanghai's.

In September, on Getaway, my husband and I ate at Shanghai's several times. I tried the Char Siu with Rice Noodles which was excellent! Another night I tried Glass Noodles with Chicken and Vegetables and it was mediocre. I didn't finish it. Also, I tried the Combination Fried Rice which was alright, but needed more sodium. 

Char Siu and Combination Fried Rice

image.thumb.jpeg.9c9b302bc8d46061efb9fa44d11b1803.jpeg

Glass Noodles with Chicken and Vegetables (meh, I stopped eating it)

image.thumb.jpeg.2ae11a8be3efe03e2bf2fcafd0290acf.jpeg

A separate evening's portion of the Char Siu with Rice Noodles

image.thumb.jpeg.17add35d849f4890d0107b90f2031f63.jpeg

My husband enjoyed the Beef Chow Fun and Peking Style Shrimp and Chicken. We both loved the pot stickers, dumplings, and spring rolls. In fact, we looked like enormous pigs at the trough with our five or six containers each of the appetizers. 

Seven appetizer dishes for my husband

image.thumb.jpeg.2402b84e7ec317981dd57888a45f961d.jpeg

Six for me

image.thumb.jpeg.cbe2cbf5aa8f8e3bd9c219e38d2c31d1.jpeg

Unlike @Twocoasts, we felt it was good food. Was it Chinatown good? Nah, but no one expects it to be that good. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Twocoasts said:

I don't have the menu but I can say the food at Shanghai was terrible. We didn't eat at the noodle bar--we were in the main dining room. It was so bad that we ended up going up to the buffet after dinner so we could actually eat. The only meal we didn't enjoy out of a 7 night cruise.

We were on the Epic in August and thought the exact same; the only meal we didn't enjoy.

• Like 1

I thought the apps at Shanghai were pretty good and if I go there again I would make a meal out of ordering apps. The meals themselves were ok, about even with a decent takeout local Chinese restaurant. It's ok for a change mid cruise from the MDR or the buffet.

• Like 1