Anthem OTS 3rd September 2023 to Norway

cublet

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Sorry for the late response as I've been on Celebrity Silhouette.

Two simple suggestions (one strange, one not): Before you sail, familiarise yourself with Norwegian bank notes; take clothes for all weathers.

On the first I was given a discontinued bank note in change and they cannot be changed in 'High St Banks' only at The Bank of Norway in Oslo or Bergen (or by post to either locations). Fortunately Bergen was on my, then, itinerary. I was not unique in the experience as there was a guy behind me in the queue to change his notes.

You must be prepared for all weathers. I have been both burnt to death (almost) and drowned by drizzle in Norway. It was that horrible very fine drizzle that nearly found its way through waterproof clothing.

You must be prepared to rise early to watch the 'sail-ins' along the fjords. For example we are due to arrive and Geiranger at 0700 - our passage will take about an hour. If it's the same captain as last year he will stop the ship at the 'Seven Sisters' waterfalls and do a complete 360 degree rotation on the ships axis to give everyone a spectacular view. You need to be on deck to get the best of this.

Sadly the ports of call are too far south and the weather too late for Husky sledding.

For reasons I cannot understand, tour guides are always keen to point out the various fire-stations and their dates/history.

If you have any specific questions either about the cruise or the ship then please ask away.

Regards,

Cublet

Hello (again),

I see we corresponded in early/mid 2018 re Independence.

Sadly there are no 'bars' on Anthem like the Champagne/R Bar on Indy, but plenty of 'pubs' with varying amounts of spit and sawdust. Vintages on 5 is probably the least worst.

Regards,

Cublet