Reflection Dry Dock in 2023?

Sunset329

Now.  While you were typing.  But not the 'Revolution', whose schedule is undetermined. 

We'll let you know if anything more than mechanical and exterior paint was done when we board on the 31st.

Stay tuned.

Edited by canderson
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, noblehunter said:

Is the current dry dock something they do every year or on a longer schedule?

This was a required, scheduled mechanical dry dock.  Dry dock inspection is required every 5 years, and Reflection's last one was in 2017.

For anyone wondering, yes, we're getting some interior pretty-up in addition to the mechanical and the new BLUE paint job.  This, from someone on the ground at the dry dock whom I asked about any additional work:

From Ade Roberts:

Yes there’s a small amount of work going on all over the ship to refresh certain things, soft furnishings in places, flooring , pools and tubs and some decking replaced, there’s quite a lot going on, just no MAJOR construction.

8 hours ago, canderson said:

This was a required, scheduled mechanical dry dock.  Dry dock inspection is required every 5 years, and Reflection's last one was in 2017.

Shiny, thanks. My job involves maintenance planning but not for commercial ships. 

I'm glad they're getting refreshed before my cruise in January.

16 hours ago, canderson said:

Yes there’s a small amount of work going on all over the ship to refresh certain things, soft furnishings in places, flooring , pools and tubs and some decking replaced, there’s quite a lot going on, just no MAJOR construction.

When I was on the ship 3 weeks ago I would have said the only things I spotted which looked like they needed work/replacement were the wooden decking around the pools and hot tubs (plus the hull looked like it needed a good paint job). Carpets, chairs, soft furnishings ship wide all seemed in great condition already. 

2 hours ago, OysterD said:

When I was on the ship 3 weeks ago I would have said the only things I spotted which looked like they needed work/replacement were the wooden decking around the pools and hot tubs (plus the hull looked like it needed a good paint job). Carpets, chairs, soft furnishings ship wide all seemed in great condition already. 

In some photos I’ve seen, the soft furnishings definitely need reupholstering. I am hoping they replace ship wide in favor of more neutral colors instead of that orangey-red.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I'm on Reflection right now. I've sailed on this ship at least 3 times and sad to say, in spite if the 2022 drydock, it looks a bit shabby in some respects. The upholstered furniture is worn and in some cases stained in public areas (ex.: outside Sushi on 5). Our cabin on deck 8 has peeling vinyl upholstery on the sofa and stained carpet. The closet doors barely slide. The decking on our veranda has bubble-like heaves. Time for a major repair job, folks. Happily the crew is as wonderful as always!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1