Princess Cruises The Sanctuary - New Zealand

7 hours ago, LuckiePuris said:

Hi there,

just wondering if anyone has experience in booking the sanctuary for New Zealand sailings and can confirm if it is as popular as the warmer itineraries? Thinking of booking for a day of scenic cruising.

Thank you!

The Sanctuary would be too cold going to NZ but if you was on the Majestic Princess they have the Hollywood Conservatory I’d stay there and get there early and grab a cabana if you can and it’s all undercover and warm

14 hours ago, rkmw said:

The Sanctuary would be too cold going to NZ but if you was on the Majestic Princess they have the Hollywood Conservatory I’d stay there and get there early and grab a cabana if you can and it’s all undercover and warm

I was thinking of temperature but also thinking it would be the best vantage viewing point. My worry about being indoors is that you’re restricted to a window, and just one side of the ship.

I wonder if I could bring a blanket out of the stateroom or request one to use on the lounge?

21 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

It will be cold but they will give you blankets. I don't know how popular it will be though but my guess is not very popular most of the time but the Fiordland scenic cruising might be different.

Thanks Julie, thinking it might be a nice spot to spend some time scenic cruises. Rest to know about the blankets!

Just now, LuckiePuris said:

Thanks Julie, thinking it might be a nice spot to spend some time scenic cruises. Rest to know about the blankets!

It's very nice for scenic cruising as you are high up and can easily move from one side of the ship to another, and the limited numbers in the Sanctuary mean you aren't fighting for space. 

Do take warm layers though, including a warm hat, scarf and gloves. It will be cold first thing in the morning but might warm up a bit later in the day.