Hydrotherapy pools on Saga ships

Catlover54

I looked at official reviews and also ran a search on this forum, but cannot find much in the way of details about the "hydrotherapy" pools on Saga ships.

I saw a picture of one on one ship, and understand it is a bit bigger than a standard hot tub (approximating dimensions) , and it looks to be indoors, and has chairs nearby.

A few questions, for those who use these:

1.  How warm is the water? (I assume it is salt water, correct me if I am wrong) 

2.  Since Covid, are they open, or shut down for maintenance and/or social distancing?

3.  Can anyone use them?  If so, do upper staff (like entertainers) get to use them?

4.  What are the approximate hours?

5.  Do you have to make an appointment to use them, and if so, with a full ship, how hard is it to do that?

6.  Do the pools allow only one party at a time (especially since Covid, and especially if you have to book them)

7.  If you have to book them, what does it cost?

8.  Does the water stink of chlorine?

9.  Since Covid, if you sit NEXT to the hydro pool, since it is indoors, do you need to wear a mask?

Any and all answers would be appreciated, factual, opinion based, positive and negative.  Thank you!

Edited by Catlover54
Typo

https://travel.saga.co.uk/cruises/ocean/our-ships/spirit-of-adventure/wellbeing.aspx

This will show the size of the pool. Much bigger than a hot tub. No booking required and no payment. No masks. No smell of chlorine. Very very warm.

Open about 12 hours a day. Robes and towels provided. Lots of jets around the pool of different strengths. Lovely place to relax. Never seems to be busy. When I’ve been there only 3 or 4 people in it. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...