3 day Easter Weekend to Ensenada..good or bad idea???

So I booked my self (42) and my mother (60) on her first cruise for her birthday gift. It's on the Monarch over Easter Weekend to Ensenada. I'm now wondering if that was a good idea or not? :confused: Is the ship going to be one HUGE keg party with kids on Easter break or do you think it will be a nice 3 days. My mom's an old hippy and not a prude:rolleyes: (and I'm gay and not a prude:p ) so not much could bother us but I did want to have a nice mother/son weekend without it being a big keg-fest. Has anyone else been on the short Easter weekend trips and can you help me out here?

Thanks

Easter is relatively late this year (April 16), so you shouldn't have the usual College Spring Break crowd to worry about. Your cabin being a JS may insulate you from some of the rowdies, anyway. You might want to contact a cruise-savy TA to get an opinion on how many "kids" they think might be on board, in case you could still switch. Easter is a very important family time in most of Mexico, so there may be something interesting to see or do while you're there. Plus, posting here is bound to bring a variety of opinions!

Have a Happy Easter and a great cruise.

I don't think you would have too much of an issue. Easter is late this year and most of the college kids are either on break or will be on break in March.

I think it's wonderful that you're treating your mom to a birthday cruise. I'm sure you and her will enjoy it and have memories to last a long time.

Dona :)

P.s. - Howdy neighbor.... I see that you're from Henderson. I lived in Green Valley for 12 years and moved to Summerlin in '96.

I don't think it's a bad idea, but just before the Christmas break, I did the same thing. The 3-nighter to Ensanada - the ship was packed. The crowd was definitely the most casual I have experienced so far out of 6 cruises with RCI. I did come back saying, I would never do it again.

We did have fun, but it was a little rowdier than I prefer. I (37) went with my mom (68) my son (11) and my son's step mother, his dad, and two siblings in another cabin (yes, modern blended family). I would do at least a 4 day in the future. BUT!!! I did love the Monarch, probably better than any of the others, specifically for her charm.

Our very first cruise was RCCI to Ensenada for 3 days. We would never take that cruise again. Our experience was that it was pretty much a booze cruise. There were lots of locals who were on board just to party. We were told by the cruise director that it was an unusually rough crowd on that particular ship--so much so that one party was actually threatened with being put off the ship. There were people falling down drunk--literally--on the elevator when we first boarded.

Our first clue should have been at the pier before we entered the cruise terminal, and a bride-to-be, with all her bridesmaids, arrived in almost no clothes, a wedding veil, and carrying a blow-up, anatomically correct groom doll under one arm, and with a giant--um--artificial male member in her other hand. :eek: It was quite an experience. I'm not terribly prudish, but was honestly offended by several things I saw on that cruise.

There was also the May/December couple dancing on the first night. By the end of the dance, her skirt was up to her waist and his hand was under her panties. Never did figure out why the staff allowed that to continue. DH and I spent a lot more time in our cabin on that cruise that we planned to--the party was just a little too rough for us.

I think, though, that it's pretty much luck of the draw as far as the crowd that ends up on your particular sailing. We talked with the cruise director a couple of times, and she said the same cruise the weekend before was almost all families with tons of kids, which changed the tone significantly.

Just go prepared to be amazed. You probably will be. :D

Our very first cruise was RCCI to Ensenada for 3 days. We would never take that cruise again. Our experience was that it was pretty much a booze cruise. There were lots of locals who were on board just to party. We were told by the cruise director that it was an unusually rough crowd on that particular ship--so much so that one party was actually threatened with being put off the ship. There were people falling down drunk--literally--on the elevator when we first boarded.

Our first clue should have been at the pier before we entered the cruise terminal, and a bride-to-be, with all her bridesmaids, arrived in almost no clothes, a wedding veil, and carrying a blow-up, anatomically correct groom doll under one arm, and with a giant--um--artificial male member in her other hand. :eek: It was quite an experience. I'm not terribly prudish, but was honestly offended by several things I saw on that cruise.

There was also the May/December couple dancing on the first night. By the end of the dance, her skirt was up to her waist and his hand was under her panties. Never did figure out why the staff allowed that to continue. DH and I spent a lot more time in our cabin on that cruise that we planned to--the party was just a little too rough for us.

I think, though, that it's pretty much luck of the draw as far as the crowd that ends up on your particular sailing. We talked with the cruise director a couple of times, and she said the same cruise the weekend before was almost all families with tons of kids, which changed the tone significantly.

Just go prepared to be amazed. You probably will be. :D

Sounds like you were on the same cruise I was on, on Super Bowl weekend. It was terrible.

Archived