Favorite Room Service Meals?

CityGrrl

Hi!

I'm a first time MSC cruiser, and will have a balcony to enjoy this trip.

What are some of your favorite room service meals? Do they feel like meals or snacks?

And, a few specific questions (I searched first, but didn't see answers 🙂)

• Has anybody asked for a large carafe of coffee and a large carafe of hot milk with the free breakfast? (I like to read while drinking several cups of coffee in the morning.)
  • How big are the room service pizzas?
  • Has anybody taken their margaritas from "Hola Tacos" back to their cabin? I sometimes enjoy a second margarita after dinner, but it takes me forever to drink it. Would prefer not to rush!   

Thanks so much for sharing your experience!

Every morning we'd order a pot of coffee and hot milk from the breakfast menu. You just tick the appropriate boxes on the card before hanging out on the door. 

I think there should be some room service menus on here somewhere, I've definitely seen some posted. Although I think there are differences between ships and regions. 

We've taken cocktails back to our cabin from different bars, but not from Hola. I don't see any reason you couldn't do so. 

Our only pizza order was a few years ago but I'm going to guess at about 12 inches. 

Hope that helps a little. 

On 10/25/2022 at 2:51 PM, CityGrrl said:

Do they feel like meals or snacks?

I ordered a Continental Breakfast as a YC guest:  OJ, coffee, Croissant.  I got one OJ, one cup of coffee, one croissant, butter and some jams.  Skimpy was my impression.  I suggest that one be very specific as to the quantity one wants when one uses the door hanger Room Service Menu ordering.  (This applies to other ships as well.)  And, even then, be appreciative if one receives exactly what has been ordered.)  

• Thanks 1

On 10/25/2022 at 2:51 PM, CityGrrl said:

You don't indicate which level of experience you have booked - Bella/Fantastica/Aurea or Yacht Club. That will determine which room service menu you get and what (if any) charges are associated with it.  Aurea, for example, has a much broader menu than the Yacht Club.

In our experience the room service on MSC is very poor compared to other US based cruise lines.  My guess is that it's just not a "European"/Italian thing but since we prefer to take our meals in a dining room it's not a big deal for us.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, HipHipOnAShip said:

You don't indicate which level of experience you have booked - Bella/Fantastica/Aurea or Yacht Club. That will determine which room service menu you get and what (if any) charges are associated with it.  Aurea, for example, has a much broader menu than the Yacht Club.

In our experience the room service on MSC is very poor compared to other US based cruise lines.  My guess is that it's just not a "European"/Italian thing but since we prefer to take our meals in a dining room it's not a big deal for us.

Ah, great question.  I'm sailing Fantastica. I've seen some MSC room service menus online, and it does look like the offerings are meant as a snack or light meal. It sounds like the pizza is probably the strongest choice, post beeakfast.