MoveUp "Please wait, we are checking for availability"

behtyas

Has anyone run into the issue where trying to check for a MoveUp offer on the Celebrity website just pops up a box "Please wait, we are checking for availability" and sits there forever?

There's definitely an error in the back end (inspected some website stuff and saw the call to PlusGrade fails without a specific reason).

I've tried 4 computers, a phone, and a tablet.. WiFi and cellular, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge, and cleared my cookies so much I considered painting myself blue and moving into a trash can.

The cruise is 30 days away, fully paid, and was directly through Celebrity. I know in the past when I had this issue, I never got a resolution, but ended up with a changed reservation anyway where the new one immediately worked. I did email MoveUp, still waiting on an answer...

Yes, not just you, same for me.  Tried on my PC and Android phone, same thing.  Just spins continuously.  Actually, I have been seeing it for 3 days now.  I'm probably not even going to upgrade due to cost but first-timer so wanted to see how it worked. Hope they get it fixed soon. 

Glad to hear I'm not the only one. I know there's a way to get around it if you already have a MoveUp invite since it bypasses the Celebrity website and takes you straight to the PlusGrade website, but unfortunately I don't have that link.

Hopefully they either get it fixed, or I get the MoveUp email.. sailing in less than a month!

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Fabfivefam said:

I emailed celebritymoveup@celebrity.com and in a few days they sent me a direct link for my reservation that worked. 

I have emailed them twice in the past 10 days and have gotten no response from them so I suppose I am not eligible for any move up offer.

Update, I just checked my email and they responded with.a direct link today!

Edited by Angua
Correction
  • Like 2