Experience with private airport "assistance"/VIP services, e.g., Miami?

Catlover54

As most people here know, an increasing number of airports, including Miami International, are increasingly chaotic, especially for seniors and those who are partially disabled.

Though I have rarely used cart or wheelchair assistance services (once after an injury I needed WC help getting back from Europe, and then I was accompanied by DH), I am aware that airlines are required to provide wheelchair or comparable assistance for pax after checkin to get through security and to the gate, based exclusively on their declaring that walking and standing is difficult for them.  I can walk on a flat, if needed, even for a couple miles (slowly), but have increasing difficulty enduring prolonged standing -- including standing in line to check in bulky luggage, and especially if the ambient temperature is high/with inadedquate AC.  I almost passed out on a recent trip where we stood around for 45 minutes without the line moving (and that was business class!).

1.  In supercrowded, chaotic airports, e.g., Miami, it is often hard to even figure out where you are supposed to check in when you get to the airport! How exactly does one get initial attention for airport assistance after being dropped off at the airport terminal with luggage by a cab, e.g., for an international flight from Miami? ?  Do you have to go inside and get in line for checkin at the airline like everyone else, meanwhile (if you are solo) figure out how to get your suitcase onto the weighing device on your own (or come with someone to help you lift it), and then the check-in clerk calls for transport to your gate, including through security?  Or will someone greet you right after the cab drops you -- if so, how do they know to come?

Conversely, on the way back into the U.S., if you are greeted with a chair at the ramp when you get off the plane , does that same person then wheel you through immigration, then find and physically help you get your suitcase off the luggage carousel (meanwhile somehow navigating areas where escalators or even elevators are often broken), then guide you through customs, and out to the curb to a cab?  

2.  I have read about some expensive private airport assistance/meet and greet and/or VIP  services that advertise helping pax to do all of the above at many airports , but I don't understand what more they do that you cannot  (at least officially) get from airlines (other than it being open to everyone, not just people who need physical assistance), other than maybe help you lift your suitcase onto the scale at check in.  I don't see how they would help on a return, as pax are not allowed to meet anyone other than airline personnel until after customs. I also cannot find any reliable reviews .

Has anyone had any experience with private airport assistance companies, especially in Miami?  Were they a big rip-off, or reliable and helpful (though expensive)? Of course their websites all tell you how wonderful they are, but are vague about many things.